Soundgarden reunion... - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #46
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:18 PM
Uhhhh ... not sure what the capacity is. The blurb I saw about the show said there were about 1,000 people there.

The Florence & the Machine concert was sold out, but I suck at estimating headcounts.

Edit: I found something on Google that says it's 1,137.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
Supposedly Cornell nailed the vocals. I'll believe it when I hear it.
Don't judge Cornell by his Audioslave days or that Timbaland produced nonsense, I saw him twice solo in 2007, where he performed a lot of old material, he really did regain much of his vocal power.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhour24 View Post
Don't judge Cornell by his Audioslave days or that Timbaland produced nonsense, I saw him twice solo in 2007, where he performed a lot of old material, he really did regain much of his vocal power.
I'm aware of that, heard a lot of 2007/2008 solo bootlegs and saw him live in 2009. Still, a lot of these songs were vocally even harder to do than some of the Soundgarden material he had performed as a solo artist in the last couple of years (Beyond the Wheel being the prime example).

You can download the Showbox bootleg here: GrungeReport.net � Blog Archive � LISTEN TO LIVE BOOTLEG OF SOUNDGARDEN’S COMPLETE SHOW AT THE SHOWBOX LAST NIGHT

And he does indeed nail Beyond the Wheel, but overall he's still hit and miss (as he was in his glory days). Interesting to hear that he controls his voice better in higher register than in lower.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
/url]

I saw there were two clips on You Tube the yesterday, each about 15-20 seconds, and poor quality. The guy didn't want to get busted, and tried to get a little something. Supposedly no cameras or phones allowed in.

Hah that's kind of cool considering these days it's really the norm to be at shows with everyone filming with their digi cams or holding up their cell phones instead of actually watching the band you know?
Old 04-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

Yeah djerdap, that's true, they did do a lot of earlier songs that his 2007 tour didn't cover. I'll be all over that boot later on, thanks for the link.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #51
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:18 PM
Off to download that file. Thanks djerdap!
Old 04-19-2010, 07:35 PM   #52
Refugee

Quote:
I'm aware of that, heard a lot of 2007/2008 solo bootlegs and saw him live in 2009. Still, a lot of these songs were vocally even harder to do than some of the Soundgarden material he had performed as a solo artist in the last couple of years (Beyond the Wheel being the prime example).

You can download the Showbox bootleg here: GrungeReport.net � Blog Archive � LISTEN TO LIVE BOOTLEG OF SOUNDGARDEN’S COMPLETE SHOW AT THE SHOWBOX LAST NIGHT

And he does indeed nail Beyond the Wheel, but overall he's still hit and miss (as he was in his glory days). Interesting to hear that he controls his voice better in higher register than in lower.
I appreciate that link. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #53
Blue Crack Distributor

Chris Cornell is playing the Roxy in Hollywood on 5/2/10. Tix go on sale tomorrow. Small venue in the scheme of things. Oh how I wish I could go...
Old 04-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #54
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:18 PM
Quote:

hit and miss is for damn sure... i saw him with audioslave twice... once he was absolutely brilliant, the other time, not so much.

the hit time was at roseland, a smaller venue... the miss was at the garden. seemed like he was trying to overdue it.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
hit and miss is for damn sure... i saw him with audioslave twice... once he was absolutely brilliant, the other time, not so much.

the hit time was at roseland, a smaller venue... the miss was at the garden. seemed like he was trying to overdue it.
Audioslave was his worst live singing era for sure. Some bootlegs I downloaded are practically unlistenable. And Cornell trying to sing RATM songs was an awful idea.

The new Soundgarden bootleg shows him in much better form. Still inconsistent and sounding a bit flat on some songs, but he destroys some of the early classics (in a good way).
Old 04-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #56
Blue Crack Distributor

I saw both Audioslave & Cornell. Loved them both.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:11 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:18 PM
I saw SG twice back in the early 90's, Audioslave on the first tour (club show) and Cornell solo in 2008.
His voice was good all 4 times I saw him, probably best at the recent solo show.
His stage presence was horrible in 1991, much improved with Audioslave and thereafter.

The setlist from Showbox looks great, loving some of the more popular songs being omitted, though I doubt that'll hold up when they hit the road. Still should be a good take.