Songs with bass-lines so good, you'll want to sit on the speakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Early Simple Minds with Derek Forbes on bass was pretty damn cool. I love the bass lines on the entire New Gold Dream album. Glittering Prize is a good example.

Don't know how much anyone else will care for these, but The Verve in their early days were easily the best shoegaze band as far as bass went. I love the bass - and the killer guitar - on the Voyager 1 live versions of "Slide Away" and "Gravity Grave". The latter in particular is the definitive version of the song, one of the best moments in shoegaze history.

VERVE · Slide Away (Live 1992) - YouTube

VERVE · Gravity Grave (Live 1992) - YouTube

gotta agree wholeheartedly with those picks. I know this is a bass thread,but that guitar explosion at the end of that particular performance of "Slide Away" gives me goosebumps.

back to the bass - a little jam from "A Northern Soul" always gets me groovin...
The Verve Life's An Ocean (Live From Later... With Jools Holland) - YouTube

None of these songs have made me want to sit on any speakers. JT deals in lies and deceipt.

There are songs with basslines so good you'll want to sit on your speakers.

But what about air-conditioner salesmen that are so handsome, you'll want to sit on your washing machine? Am I right, Betty? Am I right?

Great thread topic!

My faves:

Elvis -- Don't Be Cruel
The Doors -- Break On Through (well, keyboard bass)
The Beatles -- Dear Prudence
Jackson 5 -- I Want You Back
The Temptations -- Papa Was A Rolling Stone
The Police -- The Bed's Too Big Without You (basically an E-minor chord)
New Order -- Blue Monday
The Stone Roses -- I Wanna Be Adored / Fools Gold
Ian Brown -- Can't See Me

I Wanna Be Adored definitely has a great bassline. I picked up on that today.

My answer is pretty much every single LCD Soundsystem song.

Still one of their most exciting singles. The combination of musical experimentation and a somewhat complex song structure is delightful

at first i thought you were talking about "big bottoms" and i totally agreed with you.

i still do agree with you, but your statement is quite funny when applied to that there 'Tap tune.

Back
Top Bottom