Songs that make you feel... Nostalgic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catman

Rock n' Roll Doggie
You know, those tunes you remember more due to when they released rather than because of their composition/ subject matter. For me, and the reason I'm making this topic, is because I just heard this on the radio:

Seein' Red by Unwritten Law

So yeah, name a song that brings you back to days of yore, and let us reminisce for a lil' bit...

Ha! I worked at this restaurant over the summer, and that song was on the playlist, so I pretty much heard it ~15-20 times a week lol
But yeah, w/ regards to Maroon 5, I'd say Harder to Breathe and This Love definitely have a place on my nostalgia playlist.

Beautiful Day makes me pretty nostalgic. ATYCLB came out around the time we moved to the US and my dad played the heck out of that album in the car. My memories of my time there are fading (I was 5 when we moved and 8 when we returned) but Beautiful Day, and the other songs of that album for that matter, take me back to all the car trips we had there. This is also how I got into U2 in the first place.

Most sunshine pop from the mid-to-late 60s. My dad used to put on mixtapes that he dubbed from 45s when we went on vacation in the 80s and early 90s. Lots of great pop music (examples: "Windy" by The Association, "Happy Together" by The Turtles, "The Rain, The Park, and Other Things" by The Cowsills, etc).

They played What You Waiting For by Gwen Stefani on Gold the other day. So many things wrong with that sentence.

Back
Top Bottom