Songs That Make You Cry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Luminous Times (Hold on to Love) - U2
Silent Lucidity - Queensryche
Silent All These Years - Tori Amos
SYCMIOYO - U2
Kite - U2
Everybody Hurts - REM
No Need to Argue - the cranberries
Half the songs from "Les Miserables"

I don't know the actual name of the song or who sings it, but it goes "Don't be afraid/oh my love/I'll be watching you from above/and I'll give all the world to be with you/'Cause I'm on your side/and I still care/I may have died/but I've gone no where/just think of me/and I'll be there." I wish I knew the song and who sings because its so beautiful it makes me teary-eyed.

The only one I can think of right now is (the sheer awesomeness of) Love Is Blindness from Zoo Sydney 11-27-93. It overwhelmed me. :sad: :heart:

Going thru this thread I picked up a few more :wink:

Landslide - Stevie Nicks
Oh Father - Madonna (gorgeous, just gorgeous)
Everybody Hurts - REM
Kite - U2
Running To Stand Still (Zoo Sydney)
Toast - Tori Amos

Oh and on top of the list:

Street Spirit - Radiohead

Cracked eggs, dead birds
Scream as they fight for life
I can feel death, can see it's beady eyes

:sad:

Lancemc said:
Sufjan Stevens - Casamir Pulaski Day (possibly the most beautiful song I've ever heard)

Ooh...I forgot that one. It still is haunting to me to this day. What a great song. :drool:

(On a really poor album :shifty: )

3 came to me today...

When U2 started playing 'Instant Karma' on the 3rd leg of the Vertigo tour. I cried. And I was listening to it on the phone from friends at the show. :sad:

U2 - Mothers of the Disappeared (Live from the PopMart show with all the mothers on the stage) :sad:

Green Day - Time Of Your Life
-reminds me of an old ER episode when the nurse was singing it to the young boy/teenage kid who was dying :sad:

Lila64 said:

When U2 started playing 'Instant Karma' on the 3rd leg of the Vertigo tour. I cried. And I was listening to it on the phone from friends at the show. :sad:

John Lennon has a few of those--songs that tap something deep. At this time of year, it's usually his song Happy Christmas (War Is Over) that gets me--even when I've heard it so many times before. Here in Canada, that song is used heavily by the Christian Children's Fund. The images they show of poverty-stricken kids around the world are gut-wrenching, and intensely moving while this song plays over them.

Beck - Guess I'm Doing Fine

"Press my face up to the window
To see how warm it is inside
See the things that I’ve been missing
Missing all this time

It’s only lies that I’m living
It’s only tears that I’m crying
It’s only you that I’m losing
Guess I’m doing fine "

lol, weak. I am far too kick ass and manly to cry at songs. HAHA. I laugh insanely at the notion. But if I had to choose one song that made laugh just slightly less than others, it'd be "What a Wonderful World" by Louie Armstrong.

And anything by Chuck Norris - but those would be tears of fear and respect.

corianderstem said:

The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot (yeah, I know. Shut up.)

That's what I was going to say. That song never fails to at least give me a lump in my throat.

Mandy makes me cry. It makes me cry to shut it off! Manilow is in the club with Celine Dion, Micheal Bolton and Kenny G.

Lancemc said:

Missing all this time

Guess I’m doing fine "

Most of that album is depressing as hell... I love it.:drool:

Lancemc said:

Missing all this time

Guess I’m doing fine "

Beck love :rockon:

"The Living Years" - Mike & the Mechanics

This song effects my mother and just seeing her listening to the song makes me cry....whenever it comes on i turn it off..... one day the both of us were on the bus and it came through over the speakers and there was nothing we could do except try to talk over it...it reminds her of her father who had left back home to Ireland after a huge row with her (my grandparents were against my parents wedding and therefore did not attend the service the whole Catholic/Protestant Bullshit) my grandfather then died a short time after he arrived in Ireland and my mum never got a chance to say Goodbye or "I love you".

That's why ma says "Family feuds are shite!"

(without reading the other replies)

There is one song by Darren Hayes called "Where you want to be". It's a song about longing for someone after the relationship ends and wondering if the other person is happy.

In the UK you can find this song on the B-side of the song "Crush" from 2002.

It's a MAGNIFICENT song that always brings a tear to my eye when I hear it.

MrPryck2U said:
Uber, you've manipulated my words! Barry Manilow is the anti-christ, don't you know? lol!

Your original quote was long and rambling, I couldn't finish it. So I just took the relevant part of it.

By "anti-Christ" clearly you've mispelled "Awesome. Nice."

Long and rambling? It was 4 short sentences. Ok, I get it. You like Mr. Manilow.
Someone said Living Years by Mike + The Mechanics. That one makes me cry.
Uber, do you have any Micheal Bolton albums I could borrow?

Back
Top Bottom