Song Name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
O.K. everyone, this is going to be tough.

I've heard this song just a few scant times and really like it. Trouble is, I can never catch the name or artist!

The song is recent (as I've really only heard it in the past year). Yet, it sounds reminiscent of UF era U2. The song has lots of "woo-ing" to the point of outright yodeling. In fact, the refrain is pretty much this woo-ing/yodeling sound. It's definitely a rock song (again, sounds very U2-ish).

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has any idea of what I'm describing, please drop ideas.

Thanks! :wave:

If I had that, I wouldn't be asking for help. LOL! I'm trying to get the mp3.

This probably wasn't a huge hit song, but if you've heard it, you'd remember it. The song has lots of yodeling/woah-wooing in it. Starts out that way, hits it several times in the chorus and I think it ends that way too.

Yay! I found the song.

It's by James - a band that has often reminded me of U2.

The song is called "Born of Frustration" . I attached the YouTube link of the song.

I found it be doing a search for the words "rock song and frustration" as "frustration" was the only song I recall being repeated in the song.

I knew this couldn't be Coldplay because there's no way Chris Martin is getting that high. :sexywink:

When you mentioned yodeling, I almost said this song, but then you said it's recent...

James is an amazing band worth looking into...

When you mentioned yodeling, I almost said this song, but then you said it's recent...

James is an amazing band worth looking into...

Yeah, I had no idea it was so "old". I've been hearing it a lot lately (in stores, on the radio, etc.). Not knowing who it was, I thought it was a new song. After I figured it out, well... It's a shame that James has kinda disappeared (I know they are still around, but not the way they were - then again, they did just release an album...). Good stuff (and I still hear a lot of U2 in their music).

I am glad you found the song. It does sound like Bono and U2 in a weird way. I like it. This band and this song sounds slightly familiar. I think I may have seen them on a talk show or on TV at one time. :up:

You do all realized that Eno produced James for quite some time? Hence the so called "similarities".

BBD?

Never trust a big butt and a smile.

55a165475331035bc7008c6a4d5f250c.jpg

vs

ABC.jpg

If you mix U2, The Cure, and Simple Minds, you get that song. This means I'd probably really like James.

Back
Top Bottom