Some Album Artworks Show Up Completely Black on my iPod and Enough is Enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
I've had this issue for about five months now. Random songs (it seems, anyway) have black filled in where the album cover is supposed to be on my iPod. I plug it into iTunes, and they're all correct. But I can't seem to fix it. How do I rid myself of this curse?

We need to stop this petty fighting and unite against the onslaught of douche bags gathering to fight us under their pathetic signal. SEPTA, Bitch Tits. SEPTA. Patrons of Powerjuice.

We need to stop this petty fighting and unite against the onslaught of douche bags gathering to fight us under their pathetic signal. SEPTA, Bitch Tits. SEPTA. Patrons of Powerjuice.

You're right. I'd say that the first step would be to not call me bitch tits and leave that to vermin like Beav.

It seems to be, for me, ones where they originally had another album art (i.e.: greatest hits or low quality) or no album art and I added it or changed it later. Not all cases of those situations, but some of them.

That used to happen on my older iPod, never found out why though. Maybe it's a problem with the firmware on the iPod or something.

I also have refused to upgrade the software from 1.2 to 1.3 for about 10 months now. Maybe that's it.

Happens to me as well. It's kind of shitty but, then again, I can always read what the name of the artist/song/album is instead.

Reading actually does come in handy once in a very seldom while.

Happens to me as well. It's kind of shitty but, then again, I can always read what the name of the artist/song/album is instead.

Reading actually does come in handy once in a very seldom while.

Did I say I couldn't read what the name of the artist/song/album was instead? Did I say reading doesn't come in handy once in a very seldom while?

Now, imagine that Samuel L. Jackson asked you those questions. Right up in your grill.

Happened to me. Then I reformatted it. Most people can't do that cuz they have music from others' computers, but mine's all sync'd up to mine, so I wouldn't be losing anything.

Delete and reimport the song(s). The more drastic solution is to restore your iPod as someone else suggested.

You can also uncheck the option to show album artwork for your iPod and then reselect it. It only takes a few mintes to "refresh" the images... but I haven't tried it with the last few software updates. So do this only if you're thinking of restoring-- just in case it doesn't work

I hate ipods. They're terrible and I've never owned one. Fuck em. Tools of destruction. Idle hands are the Devil's ipods. Fuck.

PFan, just go out and get drunk and forget about it.

Oh man! I got my iPod late, like 2007 but I'm so glad I got it! Definitely beats changing CDs in the car! And I got an excellent FM transmitter for that too. I still buy CDs and love reading liner notes and stuff but having all your music in your pocket is priceless! :drool:

I hate ipods. They're terrible and I've never owned one. Fuck em.

Remember when I said I :heart: you? I take it back.

Pfan, I have the same problem with mine. It's random with some songs where I had to manually add the artwork copied from Amazon or something. And then there are whole albums where it doesn't show up at all, and I'm thinking of 3 CDs I imported from my own collection.

I've tried deleting them and reimporting them, but no. Still black. It's frustrating.

Noooooooo Cori I'm sorry. I take back the negative ipod comment. I think I'm just jealous of everyone that has one. I have no money. Therefore, no ipod.

Here's a gift for you...

partybb9.gif

Back
Top Bottom