So what was the worst song of 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
As we look back with nostalgia, and I know we had the other thread, but what did you think honestly was the worst song of last year?

For me, it's very, very simple.

Use Somebody by Kings of Leon. I could give a million reasons why but it stands on its own.

Use Somebody - Kings Of Leon was awful.....

.....but so was Paralysed by that Canadian band.....

....and that Stop and Stare song by One Republic that I heard a few hours ago.

One of those 3 maybe, and Akka Dakka's Rock and Roll Train

Use Somebody - Kings Of Leon was awful.....

.....but so was Paralysed by that Canadian band.....

....and that Stop and Stare song by One Republic that I heard a few hours ago.

One of those 3 maybe, and Akka Dakka's Rock and Roll Train

paralysed came out in 2007. :wink:

viva la vida was the absolute worst for me. bar none.

pink, whatever it was called. the one with the line about starting a fight.

and the umbrella/ella song. that one makes me particularly homicidal.

mia-paper planes

three-way tie, regardless of whether any of them were actually released last year or the year before (or even very, very early this year). they all belong on a list of worst songs ever.

pink, whatever it was called. the one with the line about starting a fight.

mia-paper planes

three-way tie, regardless of whether any of them were actually released last year or the year before (or even very, very early this year). they all belong on a list of worst songs ever.

Kim, :noncontacthug:
I know the subject of our next conversation when we get together again!
:D

That was 2007, first of all.

"Paper Planes" was also 2007.

And they're both great, albeit overplayed. "Paper Planes" was amazing when the only people who heard it owned Kala, but once it became ubiquitous, it lost all of its charm.

But the worst has to be something from that Kings of Leon record. "Use Somebody" probably is the one.

"Paper Planes" was amazing when the only people who heard it owned Kala, but once it became ubiquitous, it lost all of its charm.

I knew something had gone seriously wrong when I was visiting our warehouse at work, and a douchebag forklift driver had it as his ringtone.

While it probably wasn't the worst song of the year, 'Shadow of the Day' by Linkin Park gets my "overplayed radio song of 2008" award.

It's not that he was a forklift driver that upset me, it's that he's a COMPLETE CHODE.

Alright, cori just won.

But I still find Katy Perry attractive.

"Paper Planes" still kicks ass, even if it has entered Grammy-nominated territory.

Why does it seem like so many here are hating on "Use Somebody"? Okay, so it may not be your cup of tea, but, really, how can you possibly rank it as "worst song of 2008"?

I must be missing something (and don't say good music taste!) :madwife:

In no particular order-

Any single by Katy Perry
Any single by Rhianna
Any single by Chris Brown

Nickelback "Somebody Out There" (Or whatever it's called)
Miley Cyrus "Things I Hate About You" (Or whatever it's called)
Pink "Rock Star" (Or whatever it's called)
Beyonce "If I Were A Boy"
Usher "Love In The Club"
David Cook "Time Of My Life" (Overplayed)
Panic at the Disco "Nine In The Afternoon"
Fall Out Boy "I Don't Care"

I apologize in advance for this....

You're missing a 3rd breast.

total_recall_18.jpg

"Paper Planes" still kicks ass, even if it has entered Grammy-nominated territory.

ouch. really? maybe i can just borrow the riff from some u2 song, loop it behind my incredibly annoying and unintelligible lyrics with some drum machine beats and cash in. :hmm: maybe joe strummer is spinning in his grave, maybe he isn't. i still think it's the worst song i've heard in my life. i knew it was 07 from the other thread, but didn't about the umbrella one. so okay, i agree with the kissed a girl song, anything nickelhack put out, as well as linkin park.

Back
Top Bottom