So Sarah McLachlan has a new album coming out (new single inside, too)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catman

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Sarah McLachlan | The Official Sarah McLachlan Site

Album = The Laws of Illusion
First Single = Loving You is Easy

So what say you, fellow McLachlan fans? I'm excited about the album (frickin' 7-year wait... and we think U2 are bad). As for the first single, ehhhh.... not so sure at the moment. I prefer her moody, depressing, chew-up-my-soul-and-spit-it-out type of songs. LYiE isn't bad, per se, but I hope it's the exception as opposed to the rule to The Laws of Illusion :wink:

Even though Feist is probably my favorite female vocalist at the moment, McLachlan might have the most lovely voice that I've ever heard. I could listen to her regardless of how saccharine her lyrics become.

I really like this new single, and as a huge fan of hers, I'm really looking forward to the new album.

Amazon now has 30 second clips!

Amazon.com: Laws Of Illusion: Sarah McLachlan: Music

:hyper:

If you thought you knew Sarah McLachlan before... yeah, it's pretty much the same. But who really expected anything so different from Afterglow? Ya kinda know what you're getting with her, but she's one of the few artists where I find that kinda comforting. Can't wait until the inevitable leak (and subsequent CD release, of course (no sarcasm))...

Yes all her stuff is pretty much the same, but what a voice. I never get tired of her voice. I like the cover too, amazing dress

41RjRQFyb0L._SS500_.jpg

You can listen to the album here...

Laws Of Illusion Facebook Listening Party - Now Live | Facebook

Just "like" it on facebook. Or download the torrent... :shifty: (I'll buy it on the 15th anyway). It's pretty good - about on par with Afterglow, I'd say (which is to say, not nearly as good as FTE, or Solace, but kinda close to Surfacing and better than Touch). Favorite tracks - Awakenings, Forgiveness :)love:) and Love Come (Piano version).

Gave it a listen last night, really enjoyed it. No real, I suppose stand outs (I don't remember most of the track names) but it was an enjoyable first listen.

Back
Top Bottom