So...it's come down to this: the Dropkick Murphys have a new album coming out... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #31
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 03:20 PM
The hero from our past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:20 PM
it's...

yertle!!!

holy shit, how've you been?

Old 02-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:20 PM
So, I'm presenting a paper on Maria Edgeworth at the American Conference for Irish Studies next month. In the session following mine, there is a panel on "Post-Punk Aesthetics in the Irish Arts," including the following papers:

"As One: Dropkick Murphys and the Complication of Modern Irish Drama" by Alan P. Blair
and
"No Future: The Sex Pistols' Influence on the Plays of Martin McDonough" by Michelle Maloney-Mangold.

Sounds like a great way to decompress and yet engage after what will be the biggest presentation of my academic career.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #34
Blue Crack Supplier

good luck on your presentation
Old 03-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Just wanted to pop in and say that I think the album is great. There isn't, in my opinion, a bad track here. Both of the previously leaked tracks sound better in context. "Broken Hymns" is one of the best slow songs they've recorded, and the album (thankfully) lacks the arbitrary/obligatory "hardcore" song like "Shattered" or "Citizen C.I.A." Basically, it's possibly the most consistent record they've put out, even if its highs are not quite as high as some other albums.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:46 AM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier

i actually haven't bout it yet. i'll get it next week when i pick up the rem.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #37
Blue Meth Addict

Oh, it's out?

I'm a bad fan.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

FWIW, it's only $7.99 this week at Best Buy.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #39
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I'm a bad fan.
me too, apparently. i think i'm about as bored with the band as i am with w.o.w. right now.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

So Bruce showed up to play last night with the DMs for the finale of their three night stand at the House Of Blues.

IWB would've died...
Old 03-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #41
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
So Bruce showed up to play last night with the DMs for the finale of their three night stand at the House Of Blues.

IWB would've died...

i would have indeed died. and am youtubing it right now. can hardly hear shit with the terrible cell phone recording i found there, but that is truly fucking awesome. i keep saying i'm done with seeing DKM live, but stuff like that makes me seriously reconsider. not cos holy hell i wish i was there for that show (of course i do, but i know with my luck if i was still hitting one st patty's show each year it would have been just my luck that i was at a different show), just because it reminds me how much fun DKM live used to be. not just dkm, though. i've been kinda not having as much fun seeing any bands live like i used to. spoiled myself, burnt myself out, whatever i did, pretty sure it's me and not the punk rock show that's the issue here. but i am rambling. awesome stuff has a way of making me do that.

and i still haven't heard the new album yet. i've heard parts of it. i happened to remember the local college radio punk rock show here on saturday nights a week or two ago, and the dj wound up playing the bulk of the album. there were a few songs i liked, and a few i hated. i can't remember what any of them were called or how any of them went, though. i was more or less irritated by the st patrick's day radio setlist, as all the marginally "irish" music the dj seemed to be aware of was DKM, the pogues, and big bad bollocks. she played a blood or whiskey song and i thought hey, we're going to get a few other bands into the mix. but i think it was an accident, and it quickly turned back into those three bands again. it was aggrivating from an elitist music snob perspective because there was no real rhyme or reason to the order or songs. 2 dkm songs. 3 pogues songs. a dkm song. 2 more pogues. 4 dkm songs. 5 BBB songs. 2 more dkm...yeah, i kept it on but mostly because my ipod was dead. even though it was annoying, it was still the best thing on the radio at the moment. but not even a flogging molly song to be heard. it just irritated me because i know i could have done better. i think i did come up with better playlists around this time of year when i was in college. wasn't even the whole anti-douchebags who claim to be irish in march just because their great grandfather once dated an irish girl. it was completely a playlist music snob gripe.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

I don't really get St. Patrick's Day as a celebration, and I say this as someone who is 100% Irish.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #43
Blue Crack Supplier

i really thought i'd be spending the bulk of thursday night cleaning green puke out of the back of the ambulance, but i think the college kiddies were still gone for spring break. i can't think of any other reason the city was so quiet. it was awesome. i didn't do a call til 4am. i've usually done 3 or 4 calls by then.

what does that have to do with DKM? absolutely nothing.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

I downloaded Sing Loud, Sing Proud during my week of epic torrenting. Will give it a listen during my lunch break today.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #45
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan
I don't really get St. Patrick's Day as a celebration, and I say this as someone who is 100% Irish.