SLAYER Frontman's Sister Dies Of Cancer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
Anamaria Araya, the older sister of SLAYER bassist/vocalist Tom Araya, died on June 1 after a 13-year battle with ovarian cancer. She was 55 years old.

Says her daughter Andrea: "First of all, I would like to say thank you for your continued support and comforting words. I appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers and helping hands.

"At this moment I would like to extend an invitation to join my family and I in the celebration of my mom's life. I've found peace in knowing she is resting on a comfortable cloud where she won't feel any more pain and breathing comes without tubes.

"It'd be nice to share each other's company at any moment you are able to attend."

Open Viewing

Thursday, June 4, 2009
5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
3888 Workman Mill Rd.
Whittier, CA 90601
Enter Park through Gate 1

Rosary

Thursday, June 4, 2009
7:00 p.m.- 8:30 p.m.
(Please plan to arrive a few minutes early)
Inside the Mortuary Chapel
3888 Workman Mill Rd.
Whittier, CA 90601
Enter Park through Gate 1

Mass

Friday, June 5, 2009
10:00 a.m.
3095 East Florence Avenue
Huntington Park, CA 90255

For more information, visit Anamaria Araya Benefit Concert | MySpace.com.

Anamaria Araya:

anamaria.jpg

arayafam.jpg

No offense, but I think I speak for many who are wondering why a thread was created for the death of a SIBLING of someone in a known band. I imagine we'd have to start a new forum if we had one each time that happened.

And this isn't coming from a place of prejudice against Slayer, as I own four of their albums and was a big fan back in the day. But surely you can see why the community on a U2 fan site isn't displaying an outpouring of reaction.

Yes, thank you - just what I was going to say.

Of course, cancer is terrible, and I'm sorry she's dead, but come on. Just because there aren't 1500 responses of :( and "oh how sad" doesn't mean that whoever read the post didn't think that.

A passing prayer or thought toward someone who dies is valid whether or not someone actually makes a comment on the internet or not.

I'll admit, I was a little uncomfortable seeing all the personal funeral details posted. It seems like a private matter, and I'm not sure why people on a U2 message board should be publicly invited to her funeral. I say these things out of respect for this woman; may she rest in peace.

i couldn't care less. but i also wouldn't care if bono died.

i didn't say i didn't like u2, i said i wouldn't care if bono died. i've still got the albums regardless of whether he's still breathing and walking the planet.

i work thurs-sun nights. technically my being here now (while at home) is what you should be mocking.

I'll rephrase that, IWasBored. Your implication is that you don't care about any new music by U2. In that case, I'm still wondering why you're posting on a U2 fan site in the middle of the night.

And even if you don't like what they're doing now, you obviously like the old stuff; that wouldn't be enough to feel sad after what at this point would be a premature death for Bono?

That's strange to me.

This thread is not really the place to be having an argument about Bono.

Maybe this thread should just be closed.

Back
Top Bottom