Simple Minds, new album "Graffiti Soul"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronnie269

Refugee
(I couldnt find a thread on this anywhere, so forgive me if theres one out there.)

Simple Minds will realease there fifteenth studio album
Graffiti Soul on the 25th of May

first single: Rockets

YouTube - SIMPLEMINDS Rockets

Album track: Light Travels

YouTube - Simple Minds Light Travels

Album Tracklisting...

1. Moscow Underground [5:01]
  2. Rockets [4:36]
  3. Stars Will Lead The Way [3:26]
  4. Light Travels [4:12]
  5. Kiss & Fly [5:01]
  6. Graffiti Soul [4:48]
  7. Blood Type "O" [3:49]
  8. This Is It [4:55]
Bonus Tracks

1. Shadows & Light [2:56]
  2. Rockin' In The Free World [4:17]

Graffiti Soul World Tour Dates.....

SIMPLEMINDS DOWNLOAD CENTRE

Is indeed a fantastic album. Moscow Underground is the best song the band have done in years. Is is the album U2 drafted Eno in and wanted to make in my opinion.

Believe me, i have been fortunate enough to hear the album and it's absolutly fantastic

Good news for fans, you have to listen to this album, it is superb!!

SIMPLE MINDS, one of the greatest live rock bands of all time [x infinity squared?] release their highly anticipated 15th studio album of brand new material GRAFFITI SOUL on 25 May 2009.

THE NEW SINGLE - ´ROCKETS´
Flagship single ´Rockets´, released 18 May, is a shining example of the distinctive sound of Simple Minds - unforgettable guitar riffs, soaring vocal harmonies and "hooky handclaps".
confused.gif

GRAFFITI SOUL DELUXE ALBUM
A deluxe edition of GRAFFITI SOUL comes with a second bonus disc of covers, featuring some of their favourite classic tracks. The standard album includes eight new songs, plus two bonus tracks including a cover of Neil Young´s "Rockin´ in the Free World".

Both editions will be available on cd and for download at your favourite retailers.

Download Album Sampler
pssst it's official don't ban me

Join the Exclusive Listening Party
Click here to register now and be one of the first to hear the album before release on 7th May at 8-10pm GMT.

Signing Session In Glasgow
Simple Minds will be appearing at HMV Glasgow on 25th May - This is your chance to meet Jim & Charlie!

hmmm can't post in GS forum for some reason so it's here.

Heard the new album in it's entirety last night and i think it is far better than NLOTH, it simply doesn't have a weak track on it. Ambient and atmospheric, just what U2 wanted with their album.

Love them! It sounds like classic Simple Minds to me. I've got the album sampler but I have no idea which songs are which. What song is at 1.00 minute onwards? Light Travels? I have to get this song!

Hi Slipstream, you wait untill you hear the new album mate, from start to finish it is unbelievable i promise you, Blood Type 'O' should have been on War Of The Worls album. Charlie Burchill is the new Brian Eno believe me.

Good news for fans, you have to listen to this album, it is superb!!

SIMPLE MINDS, one of the greatest live rock bands of all time [x infinity squared?] release their highly anticipated 15th studio album of brand new material GRAFFITI SOUL on 25 May 2009.

THE NEW SINGLE - ´ROCKETS´
Flagship single ´Rockets´, released 18 May, is a shining example of the distinctive sound of Simple Minds - unforgettable guitar riffs, soaring vocal harmonies and "hooky handclaps".
confused.gif

GRAFFITI SOUL DELUXE ALBUM
A deluxe edition of GRAFFITI SOUL comes with a second bonus disc of covers, featuring some of their favourite classic tracks. The standard album includes eight new songs, plus two bonus tracks including a cover of Neil Young´s "Rockin´ in the Free World".

Both editions will be available on cd and for download at your favourite retailers.

Download Album Sampler
pssst it's official don't ban me

Join the Exclusive Listening Party
Click here to register now and be one of the first to hear the album before release on 7th May at 8-10pm GMT.

Signing Session In Glasgow
Simple Minds will be appearing at HMV Glasgow on 25th May - This is your chance to meet Jim & Charlie!

hmmm can't post in GS forum for some reason so it's here.

Hmmm A familiar looking post no less :hmm:

Indeed ic170, i hope you don't mind......i just though it a good way of getting the word out.:up:

Because we all know the only true litmus test of meaningful active creative bands is how many top 40 singles they release.

Stick to nickelback eh.....

So how are The Buggles these days. You do keep up, don't you?

The Tourist, you really haven't a clue have you.....

Over the years Simple Minds have notched up twenty Top 20 hits in a career spanning nearly three decades. The band have sold over 35 million records, had five number one albums, a No. 1 single in America - plus three American top ten singles and were voted Q magazine's World's Best Live Act.
singles."

Live Photos - © 2008 Sven Hoogerhuis
Throughout their illustrious 31-year career in music, Simple Minds have embarked on countless sold out stadium tours including headlining three times at Wembley stadium. Their music has influenced a new generation of bands including The Killers, Kings of Leon, Muse, Bloc Party, Keane, Moby, and the Manic Street Preachers.
"We are very excited to announce the UK leg of the Graffiti Soul tour," says lead singer and founding member, Jim Kerr. "Graffiti Soul is one of our most powerful albums to date. The new songs have an undeniable rock and roll edge and immediacy to them and we can't wait to perform them live!"
"Last year we were blown away by the reaction from last year's 30th Anniversary concerts," reflects Kerr. "Simple Minds continues to embody an uplifting musical spirit and enthusiasm that was evident in our early work. We haven't lost our edge. If anything, we've refined it! We can't wait to perform the songs from Graffiti Soul as well as songs from our previous albums."
title2.gif

Plus Very Special Guest
OMD

Simple Minds - Biography
"Sometimes things come together exactly as you want them to.
New Gold Dream and Once Upon A Time were like that, and it
was the same with Graffiti Soul. I can't say making it was
effortless, exactly - that would take away from all the hard work that Charlie, in particular, put in It did just roll though; it felt right."
-
Jim Kerr, February 2009
"Ultimately, you have to drag the songs away from Charlie. Bono used to say he was like a wee Irish fiddler, always fiddling away with something. Even in the early days when he only had one guitar and two effects pedals, Charlie would bring jigsaws to sound checks - The Sistine Chapel or whatever - so that he could amuse his self while engineers were trying to get the right snare sound. Nowadays, studio gear has replaced the jigsaws, and we reap the benefit of that."
Graffiti Soul and Simple Minds' ongoing success as a live act serve to underline that the group is anything but a spent force. More than that, the band that broke America with their 1985 chart-topper "Don't You (Forget About Me)" and the attendant Once Upon A Time album is as hungry and committed as ever.
'If you really love music, you'll come back to it with a passion irrespective of life's twists and turns", says Kerr. "That's why I hope people get to hear Graffiti Soul - I think it's got legs. If we can celebrate our 30th Anniversary and still get people excited about the new stuff - that would be wonderful."

:lol:

"the buggles" now that is reaching WAY far back isn't it.. U must be ancient like 49 or something..:giggle:

If this was directed at me... if I was that old, perhaps I'd know more of Simple Minds' songs than their hit. :huh:

They actually aren't a one-hit wonder.

Except for "Don't You Forget About Me" I have never heard anything by them on the radio... at least not in the last 11 years (since I've been paying attention to music). And I've never heard them mentioned by anyone outside of interference, for that matter, apart from that single. Not even once. So maybe they weren't a one-hit wonder... maybe they were just a one-massive-single wonder with a bunch of successful-but-largely-forgotten singles. :shrug:

Alive & Kicking was a pretty decent-sized hit, so it's more like two-hit wonder. They are certainly more popular in Europe, apparently, but radio play in the U.S. has been next to nil, so it's not a stretch to think they're unimportant.

I had a friend in college who swore by them, however, and after checking out more of their stuff, they're far better than a comparable act like INXS.

Yeah, Alive & Kicking was huge, reaching #2 on the charts here in the U.S. Also, Sanctify Yourself made the Top 15.

So yeah, not a one-hit wonder, but they've been quite unnoticed since then.

Although I personally enjoy the song See The Lights. I remember when it first came out, I damn well thought it was U2.

Back
Top Bottom