Simple Minds, new album "Graffiti Soul"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally got my Simple Minds ticket!!! Cant wait!!! The new album is soooo good! :hyper::drool::hyper::drool:, After years of missing them live, I'll get to see all the hype about them been one of the best live bands ever.

Who was comparing SM and U2 ?

Not me !

I stand by my comments having been a diehard SM fan for over 25 years +

and over 100 + gigs

You can have my tickets for the forthcoming gigs, Brum, Manc, Sheffield, Dublin, Glasgow, seriously.

You know YOU are dillusional and cant see. Your living in the past. Jim dances on stage like my Dad, can't hold a note for toffee, Mel Gaynor is Bored, and Andy Gillespie sucks the life from me, the only thing they've got with any life, is Eddie Duffy. Edinburgh was a joke, and IoW festival was hilarious - you can't kid a kidder mate !

Enjoy all JK's bullshit about live DVD's, live albums, playing all the new songs etc. Enjoy See the Lights, Mandela Day, and all the other insipid AOR toss that Jim "bellows" over. They are a spent force. :drool:

For me, I'll happily listen to Form Phallus Function or Theme from a Great City bootlegs :love:

Last Album I bought ?

Have you heard Camera Obscura's My Maudlin Career ?
Is your name Pat Nevin??? :wink:

Is your name Pat Nevin??? :wink:

No, but I do know he is fan. :applaud:

I just think that some SM fans forget the line "...in glory days that come and go".

I never understand why JK and SM "fans" get so hung up on the former glories of SM and where they are now, I'd much rather see them in the smaller venues playing the music that is cutting edge and less contrived with a much more appreciate audience rather than the contrived "ballsy pop" and the enormodomes they seem to crave.

Still, thats is probably the best live version of MU that I've heard so far.....with the exception of JK's ad lib into th banana boat song at the end day oh ! dayayaya oh ! :)

Well unfortunately and reluctantly I am writing this,

Going to the gig I was very excited at finally getting to see SM live after a few years of missing them, I was very happy to be catching the lads on this tour backing there strongest album in years, and also not too far away from Black and White 050505 another fantastic album, well the scene was set, The O2 a great new theater, OMD were very entertaining, and got a pretty decent response from the crowd, next, the moment of truth, could SM live up to my expectations?!?, well, unfortunately not! I dunno if it was a problem with the band or the sound engineer, but the sound was very frustratingly terrible! Jim's vocals were very muffled and un-hearable at times! Charlies guitar was buried down in the mix, all that was loud and clear was Mel's drums and some of Andy's Keys, the band played a good set which consisted of mostly the greatest hits, only 3 new songs were played, Jim made some cringe worthy comments about how Ireland are the morale winners of the world cup, because of Henry's handball, pretty stupid comment, I am still unsure if the gig was ruined by the sound engineers or the bands set up, but it has definitely left me thinking if I'll ever go back to see Simple Minds live, was it the sound? have they lost it?

All this talk of SM been an incredible live band got me thinking after the gig and I decided to read some recent reviews of there gigs, which to my surprise were very critical!!! one reviewer branded there Edinburgh castle gig as a joke,

I'm left with alotta questions to be answered!
Will I go to see The Minds live again?
well at this stage I'm pessimistically unsure!!! :|:|:|:|

(Oh and they didn't play Big Sleep!)

I saw them at the Manchester MEN a week ago and was probably the best i have seen them. After being to many concerts in the past i have realised that were ever your stand at the gig, makes a HELL of a difference. I was dead centre at row m in MEN and the sound was fantastic the whole gig, but heard from someone sitting near the front at the side the sound was terrible until someone sorted it. At the end of the day you could always buy the USB stick as i did, and you can hear the fantastic sound. Shame you didn't enjoy it mate:hmm:

Yeah I dunno Carling, no doubt the band are fantastic and have great songs in abundance! Now that you mention it the seats I had were right over the far side near the wall and pretty close, great view but terrible sound, its a real pity, €60 in tough times for tickets all for a sound engineer who is undoubtedly getting paid very big bucks to screw the gig up!!! the concert usb stick is an incredible idea!!! on the way I was full sure I'd be buying one on the way out, but due to been so let down and devastated I didn't, your post has made me re-think things, along with all the other positive comments, ie, best live band on the planet, etc, I really wanna see the band again with good seats!!!!! Unfortunately I got a really bad introduction to them live!!!! hopefully they come back soon!!! I hear they have plans for the next 3 years and a new album nearly done, looks hopefull they will be back !!!! I hope so, then they can prove to me how good they are and put the wrongs of this gig right!

Back
Top Bottom