Simple Minds, new album "Graffiti Soul"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am so bummed that we have to wait till fall to buy this in the states. Sucks. I downloaded a couple of songs for free on mp3va.com and now it's just got me wanting more!

Rockets is a great song!!!
Oh well.

This Sunday at 5pm on Absolute Radio they are broadcasting the entire Simple Minds set from the Isle Of White Festival. Not to be missed!!:applaud:

Best SM album since New Gold Dream. No fillers, all tracks are great. And my young friends went nuts when they heard it too... Who could imagine this happening to SM in 2009...

Hey Carling :wave:
Great playing by Charlie!!! (v edge like)

Eh....got that the wrong way round Ronnie. Edge has cited many times that Charlie Burchill was a big influence on his own playing style. Remember...Simple Minds have been releasing music since about 1977

The new album is great! I seriously like every track. I hadn't heard much from Simple Minds since the early 90's. For you Simple Minds fans, have they put out any other albums in the late 90's and 00's that would be worth checking out?

The new album is great! I seriously like every track. I hadn't heard much from Simple Minds since the early 90's. For you Simple Minds fans, have they put out any other albums in the late 90's and 00's that would be worth checking out?

Personally 1995's Good News From The Next World is a craking album, and 2005's Black & White 050505 is very good. Jim has stated that the next album will be better than Graffiti Soul, the foundation have already been laid.:up:

user_offline.gif

U2inUtahView Public ProfileSend a private message to U2inUtahFind More Posts by U2inUtahAdd U2inUtah to Your Contacts

Could someone tell me if this has been released yet in America? If it has i would highly recommend it.

if it creates as much interest in the US as it did in Europe then "Don't you forget about me" might become more and more poignant still

if it creates as much interest in the US as it did in Europe then "Don't you forget about me" might become more and more poignant still

it didn't create any interest in europe of any note. it's just sad hype.

simple minds finished in 1989 with the turd of an album SFY.

they are shite live, play the same old fluff, its all pre recorded so the ahem! keyboard player presses a button and the tracks come on, just like an old fashioned dj.

jim kerr can't sing anymore.

karaoke band.

U3, don't make me laugh mate. I saw U2 at Wembley Stadium on 14th August and i have saw Simple Minds 3 weeks before. IMO they were equally as good as each other, but SM didn't have a 20million pound production if you know what i mean. They are renowned as being one of the greatest live bands of all time. Just out of interest, what was the last album you bought and when was the last time you saw them live? Typical blinkered U2 fan.............

I dont work for them unfortunaty, i wish i did....it is just that the new album is better than U2's and it's a shame it won't get the massive promotion bandwagon that U2 got which is kind of unjust:sexywink:

Oh and by the way, it did get recieved well in Europe, Simple Minds first top 10 album in England for 14 years, Europe chart No 9 and world chart No 36 so not bad at all

Who was comparing SM and U2 ?

Not me !

I stand by my comments having been a diehard SM fan for over 25 years +

and over 100 + gigs

You can have my tickets for the forthcoming gigs, Brum, Manc, Sheffield, Dublin, Glasgow, seriously.

You know YOU are dillusional and cant see. Your living in the past. Jim dances on stage like my Dad, can't hold a note for toffee, Mel Gaynor is Bored, and Andy Gillespie sucks the life from me, the only thing they've got with any life, is Eddie Duffy. Edinburgh was a joke, and IoW festival was hilarious - you can't kid a kidder mate !

Enjoy all JK's bullshit about live DVD's, live albums, playing all the new songs etc. Enjoy See the Lights, Mandela Day, and all the other insipid AOR toss that Jim "bellows" over. They are a spent force. :drool:

For me, I'll happily listen to Form Phallus Function or Theme from a Great City bootlegs :love:

Last Album I bought ?

Have you heard Camera Obscura's My Maudlin Career ?

Oh and by the way, it did get recieved well in Europe, Simple Minds first top 10 album in England for 14 years, Europe chart No 9 and world chart No 36 so not bad at all

Oh, in England ?? and there was me thinking it was the UK charts :shifty::hmm:

You bought how many copies of GS btw?

I bought 3, I bet you didn't just buy 1 did you ?

:wave:

Each to there own mate, but having seen them at Blickling and 20 time over the years, Blickling was a fantastic show, they were fantastic. The Graffiti Soul tour will be much better and i will certainly take the tickets off your hands no problem, i took 20 of my mate to Norwich and everyone of them were impressed so job done

Each to there own mate

I don't mean to be rude. Apologies. I am maybe guilty of being over critical. I just feel they are coasting a bit when it comes to the live shows.

The gigs last year were superb with the full NGD album played. There was grace and majesty in abundance.

Why does Jim insist on playing sub standard songs from the 90's, the stuff that lost them their momentum, and it sounds so bland and dated anyway. Why will they not get OSATS, Cry, B&W and GS within the set and fully reinvent themselves.

I hope you are right about the GS shows. The album is overblown in my opinion however. Seriously overproduced. MU and BTO are exceptional tracks, but the lyrics throughout the album are shockingly uninspired.

They need to do some serious band rehearsals, as the new stuff is all over the place live.

Jim needs to concentrate on the vocals, and as for keyboards - I won't even go there :doh:

Hi U3

Well i have heard that Jim is toying with the idea of playing the early songs the first half of the show, then lastest tracks in the second half but i do admit you have to take it with a pinch of salt. Like i have said previously the concerts this summer were only mini festival / warm up gigs and i really think the the Graffiti Sould tour will be a cracker. Have to dissagree with the album mate, i think it is a fantastic piece of work, they are definately on the up again.

Back
Top Bottom