Simple Minds, new album "Graffiti Soul"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heard the new album in it's entirety last night and i think it is far better than NLOTH, it simply doesn't have a weak track on it. Ambient and atmospheric, just what U2 wanted with their album.

Hey Carling, how did you hear the album already?
I thought it wasent out till May 25th! :hmm:

Half the album was on Youtube a while ago, and every song sounded amazing alright!!! :ohmy: :hyper:

not sure how the songs got on there,
did the album leak???

Hi Phanan

Simple Minds had an 'official' listening party of the new album on their webite last week. Someone had a link and up until last night you could play it but it's been taken off now. IMO Moscow Underground, the first song on thye album is the best thing i have heard in a while from anyone, while Blood Type o could be on the War Of The Worlds album. There simply is not a bad son on the album. Highly recommened. I think it will surprise a few people!

Hey Carling :wave:

Oh yeah, damm I forgot about that listening party!
I knew I shoulda paid more attention to the e-mail alert,
oh well, roll on May 25th

I heard the first 4 tunes, (no bad one's so far alright!)

yeah I totally agree Moscow Underground is amazing!!!
but my fav of what I have heard was Light Travels, Great playing by Charlie!!! (v edge like)

We have to wait two more weeks:huh:

I couldn't find anything on YT yet. What exactly are the 5 songs on the album sampler? I've figured this out.

- Rockets
- Stars Will Lead The Way
- Light Travels??
- ????
- Kiss & Fly

Hi Slipstream

The missing sampler is called 'This Is It' and is the closing number on the album although one of the best tracks. I am surprised none of the album has leaked back on You Tube (except the weakest track on the album Rockets) Maybe it's a good thing.

I have always loved Simple Minds but recently lost track of them. This is all great news!

Both SM and The Alarm, who were something like the Coldplay/Snow Patrol/Editors of their day (not so much Mike Peters with his debt to Dylan and the Clash), have made respectable comebacks. Unfortunately, they have hardly a following in the ADD USA, so we are unlikely to get much of a tour over here.

Hi Anu,
Apparently Simple Minds are touring in America in September / October this year with OMD being support.

In a video announcement on the official site (which can be found in the Free Members Area) Jim (and Charlie) announce their plans for the tour - which includes trips to South America (September), North America and Canada (October), Europe (November) and the UK (November and December).

You HAVE to try and see this band live:up:

In a video announcement on the official site (which can be found in the Free Members Area) Jim (and Charlie) announce their plans for the tour - which includes trips to South America (September), North America and Canada (October), Europe (November) and the UK (November and December).

I will if they come to the east coast.

I have been a fan since the early 80s..

Thanks for all the info and album track info. I cannot wait, they better get to Vancouver. Plus OMD...wicked!

Sounds the Biz.

Bono seemingly text Jim K to say well done on an amazing piece of work.

The new album is very good from what i've heard of it so far, so will defo
be buying it.

Well Done Simple Minds. :applaud:

Last edited:
Well, that's 2 albums in a row Simple Minds have released a better album than U2.

Simple Minds Radio Marathon - TUNE IN ONLINE!
Item added: Wednesday 27th of May 2009
The annual Simple Minds Radio Marathon on the wonderful WBWC Cleveland gets underway on Thursday 28th May at 7.00am until 1.00am [18hrs!] USA EST time.
[12.00pm - 6.00am UK time]

The marathon will include many articles and classics from Simple Minds and an interview with Jim Kerr!

CLICK HERE to Listen online
Click listen on the page

There is a U2 one on 3rd September

I believe that the album is being released in America later in the year but you can import it on Amazon.com

Went in the UK album charts at No 10, the highest entry the band has had since 1995 so good on them, they deserve it.

Actually, it may have been me. Because the new album really is the bollocks!!

Back
Top Bottom