Simple Minds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmmm

Refugee
Great band, touring again this year, one show just down the road from me in Lincoln, sold out, don't suppose anyone's got 2 tickets to sell!

I freaking love Simple Minds! Their debut album is phenomenal and often overlooked. The title track, "Reel to Real", is awesome! Real Life is my favorite album though, and Belfast Child is my favorite song.

Wish they'd tour the US... they're on that checklist of "bands I must see before they die." Along with New Order.

It's no doubt the band shrugged off "Don't You (Forget About Me)" for so long and didn't really fully acknowledge it... so much of their material it seems gets overlooked. Yet they don't really have a song that big, so to the average listener that's what they end up being.

Sons and Fascination-Sister Feelings Call and New Gold Dream are two of the most creative and best LPs ever.

I just do not like these guys nearly as much as I should. It's one of those situations where I actually get a bit sad because I don't like them that much, if that makes sense.

They're not the band I want them to be, is what I'm getting at, I guess.

I just do not like these guys nearly as much as I should. It's one of those situations where I actually get a bit sad because I don't like them that much, if that makes sense.

They're not the band I want them to be, is what I'm getting at, I guess.

Actually, I feel exactly the same way. I cannot describe or explain it but I know what I mean.

And, even with that, there are a good 6 or 7 of songs of theirs I really adore.

They have great song titles, too, this band.

I was like that until recently. I decided to take it from the top with their discography, and I got a different perspective for sure. Weird now that worked out.

I was like that until recently. I decided to take it from the top with their discography, and I got a different perspective for sure. Weird now that worked out.

I did the very same thing about a year ago. Bought all of their albums, started at the beginning, etc.....and while I walked away liking them more than ever, I still didn't like them as much as I wanted or thought I should....which is obviously more about me than anything else, but still.

The more obvious example of my feeling this way about a band is Joy Division.

I just cannot love them no matter how much I try.

I wish I knew more about this band but I only know Don't You Forget About Me and another song from the early 90s called She's A River.

Try the early discs until Sparkle in the Rain. Then you jump to Neapolis (very underrated) and continue with the albuns after.

Lucky dog. Wanted to see them here but they're playing a smaller venue, sold out, and the scalpers are having a fucking field day with it. :angry:

So excited! Yeah I got in on this early. Used my JetBlue miles to get up here to Orlando. My favorite venue -- 9:30 Club. Sold out, no opener, early show (doors @ 6:00 pm).

Happy to be here, grateful to have a friend along with me.

Funny thing about Simple Minds: back in 95, when i heard the song Hypnotized (excellent song) on the radio i thought it was a new U2 song. Very similar voices Jim Kerr and Bono.

It is and it isn't.

You need to listen to the albums between Real to Real and Sparkle in the Rain and they are not very well represented in this comp.

Reel to Real definitely is underrepresented and amazing.

And yeah, Bono and Jim Kerr sound exactly alike.

Reel to Real definitely is underrepresented and amazing. And yeah, Bono and Jim Kerr sound exactly alike.

Have you listened to New Gold Dream live from Barrowlands in 85? Bono and Jim Kerr together. It's in the Silver Box.

Back
Top Bottom