Simple Minds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love this band. New Gold Dream is one of the greatest albums of all time and I've recently discovered their stranger early work, which has been a lot of fun. Sons and Fascination/Sister Feelings Call, while a bit long when taken together, offer a lot of great material.

Kerr is definitely jazzier and deeper, no doubt. I'm just saying for any silly Chris Martin comparison, the only real match in my opinion is Kerr to Bono. He is simply the Scottish Bono.

The show was magnificent. Two major notes though: Jim kinda gave up at the peak of the show with See the Lights and Don't You (Forget About Me). Underplayed both songs, spoke rather than sang, and asked for the crowd to sing almost 50% of the latter done (probably because he is indifferent about the song but knows the crowd loves it). Other note... he hasn't lost a step physically. That man can move. It was awesome! Bending over backwards and jiggin around!

All around, great show.

Kerr is definitely jazzier and deeper, no doubt. I'm just saying for any silly Chris Martin comparison, the only real match in my opinion is Kerr to Bono. He is simply the Scottish Bono.

The show was magnificent. Two major notes though: Jim kinda gave up at the peak of the show with See the Lights and Don't You (Forget About Me). Underplayed both songs, spoke rather than sang, and asked for the crowd to sing almost 50% of the latter done (probably because he is indifferent about the song but knows the crowd loves it). Other note... he hasn't lost a step physically. That man can move. It was awesome! Bending over backwards and jiggin around!

All around, great show.

Awesome, thanks for the review! :up: I have 3 days to figure something out..

Charlie Burchill is, in my opinion, the most underrated guitar player ever.

King of textures. Very very creative and owner of a peculiar style. Listen to his Sound in 70 Cities two notes solo. It's crazy what the man does with few notes.

Huh..interesting. I don't really feel that at all. There's similarities, perhaps, but Kerr's got a depth to his voice that is quite different. Possibly more readily apparent live, imo..

In the 80's it was more obvious live. And Jim does a lot that "sexy-running-out-of-breath" thing that Bono does live.

Back
Top Bottom