Sigur Rós Párt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What would be great is a modern day Hullabalooza kind of deal. I wouldn't care at all if they just rehashed that episode.

I'm always reminded of how freaking huge the Smashing Pumpkins were for a few years when I see that episode.

Sounds like one of those "The Simpsons visit [country]" episodes that the writers fall back on constantly because they're a bunch of lazy hacks working on a show that should have gone off the air 10+ years ago. Still, kinda cool.

sigur rós have scored part of an upcoming episode of the simpsons. the episode, which will feature new, original music by sigur rós, as well as their take on the simpsons’ theme song, will air on may 19th. in the episode, entitled “the saga of carl,” homer, moe, lenny, and carl team up to buy a winning lottery ticket, but after carl snags the ticket and flees to his home country of iceland, the guys head there in hot pursuit. the band’s music scores homer’s visit to iceland, marking an unprecedented musical collaboration between the show and a band; with this episode, sigur rós have written and performed more original music for the simpsons than any other outside band in the show’s history.

says simpsons creator matt groening, “i’m a longtime fan of sigur rós, and we’re honored to bring their icelandic, ambient moods to our goofy cartoon show.”

8707636590_b6acd93929_z.jpg

in addition to the band's appearance on the simpsons, the band is also set to appear on the tonight with jay leno on friday, may 24th, to perform a song from the new album.

This was even lamer than we thought it would be. The music was nice, though, what little there was.

I was pretty disappointed as well. It was weak even to present day Simpsons standards.

That's three out of three. I love the direction they're going in.

It's weird to hear such aggressive songs from Sigur Ros.

Based on descriptions of the new songs, I had high hopes for this record, and they were justified. This is wonderful, a very different record from Valtari and a much better one. It's so much more vibrant and alive and the heavier tracks are bracing but not overwhelming, putting the more contemplative tracks in relief.

Back
Top Bottom