Sigur Rós Párt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you at least tell us which one you liked more, BoMac? Sigur or Ros?

Just got back from Harvest Fest where they headlined. Wow, words don't do justice. The main stage was situated at the bottom of a natural bowl in the park, so we were sitting up on the grass with a perfect view under the stars. Amazing experience. Now I need to go listen to () based on that closer.

monkeyskin said:
Just got back from Harvest Fest where they headlined. Wow, words don't do justice. The main stage was situated at the bottom of a natural bowl in the park, so we were sitting up on the grass with a perfect view under the stars. Amazing experience. Now I need to go listen to () based on that closer.

:up: I was hoping they'd play Red Rocks next year so I could have that under-the-stars experience, although when I saw Bjork there it was cold and raining so it's always a risk.

Did you happen to catch Los Campesinos! at the start of the day? Sounds like your experience with Sigur Ros was even better than mine.

Yep, we got there just in time for Los Camp, fun set. They did a meet and greet off to the side afterwards but we felt like a wander instead. Kim did look mighty hot though.

Besides Sigur Ros and Mondo Cane, we also saw The Dandy Warhols, half of Cake (they replaced Beirut who cancelled due to illness), half of Ben Folds Five and most of Grizzly Bear. Neither of us were fussed about Beck.

All in all a grand day.

It's a great festival, truly amazing vibe. Stoked to be a foundation member and I'll keep going back if the lineups are good (which I'm sure they will be, AJ can do no wrong!)

We were saying the whole day just how pleasant and laid back the vibe was, worlds apart from Splendour and what I hear BDO is like. No drunken bogans, short lines and everyone just seemed so happy.

And yeah, Foundation membership is just the cherry :)

I went to the Valtari Film Experiment tonight. Most of the films were more than worthwhile--a few were truly stunning, and only two really seemed too far off the deep end. The best part was hearing the album so loud on a great sound system. Would love to discuss some of the films if anyone else saw them.

I just watched Heima. :love:

Incredible. I know love this band even more. And I want to go to Iceland.

While recently having one of those, "What would I do if I won the Powerball" conversations with a friend, I said I'd go on a month or two long trip to Europe, and probably spend 1/4 the time in Iceland.

As an FYI, I did not win. I didn't even buy a ticket.

Looks like the Valtari Film Experiment will be released as a DVD, and the cover sure is pretty.

I don't know why but I missed that whole film stuff. I think I only watched the first two.

My favorite one.

What is the best Icelandic drinking game?

Stick a bottle of brennivín up your behind and stand on your hands.

Back
Top Bottom