Sigur Rós Párt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well that was a very large slice of heaven. That's all I'm gonna say until after HG and I see them together in a couple of weeks. Then I'll have plenty to say. :)

Okay, I might have a thing or two to say before then but if I spoiler it, don't read it as it will actually be a spoiler and not an emoticon or something stupid.

Question for bollox about the opener:

So was that just a recording of Tim Hecker or was there a person behind that screen?!

Also for bollox re setlist:

Sorry you didn't get those two songs. There appeared to be a couple of moments of sound issues last night but no big deal. We did get both of those songs. I too was going to be bummed if we didn't get Glosoli. I'll post the setlist when I find it.

It was just an incredibly gorgeous performance. Really different than the last tour with all the extras onstage. I did miss Kjartan and it seemed like it took two or three people to replace him. I missed him as a powerful presence onstage but it was still of course just stunning.

I couldn't tell in the Fallon video, was that Amiina band backing them up again?

Hey Joyful, glad you got an awesome show!

Ya know, I couldn't even tell you if he was onstage, I didn't see anybody up there.

In a general non-spoilery sense, I did not care for Tim Hecker as an opener. I understand the cognitive dissonance of an ambient electronic artist playing a massive sports arena is kinda cool, but it felt a bit like a prank. I'd be interested in checking out his music further, but when I'm alone with a pair of headphones.

Glad to hear they worked out the glitches. Glosoli is one of my favorite tunes by them and I didn't get to hear it when I saw them last summer (did get Festival tho). And it's not like it's a rarity, they've been playing it most shows! Yea I know #firstworldproblems

I've got two more copies of the EP from tickets to forward. PM me an email.

Edit: That was quick. Go nuts, Cori and Niels.

Same here. Haven't even listened to it yet. Saving it for my road trip to Marfa tomorrow.

I saw them this week up here in Canada. First time seeing them.

Easily one of the best concerts I've been to. It was simply magical. The intensity of emotions that they can conjure up in a live setting is simply astounding. They played a nice mix from their previous albums, I was quite pleased with the setlist.

Oh, and the new material is terrific, I'm looking forward to the album release!

Those pale sons of bitches took svefn-n-englar out of the set. I'm less upset that I didn't get to go tonight, but I'm still pretty upset.

I'm upset since someone I work with went and I'm going to get to hear all about it on Thursday.

Those pale sons of bitches took svefn-n-englar out of the set. I'm less upset that I didn't get to go tonight, but I'm still pretty upset.

Yes but Ný Batterí is back in (I missed hearing it in 2008) and imo is one of the top three SR songs to hear live. But I can imagine a lot of people, especially those seeing them for the first time, would be upset not to hear it. I personally didn't miss it since they played so many other favorites.

Not having Kjartan in the band is far worse to me than not hearing Svefn-g-Englar. Even so, I think the show I saw in NYC was my favorite of theirs I've seen.

I'm sorry you both didn't get to see them. :(

:drool:

Such an amazing show with some damn fine company.

:love:

After such a great weekend, today was a rude, rude awakening.

And the more I think about it, the more I'm drawing this conclusion:

Alarm clock playing Hotel California at 3:15 am--strange but not unbelievable
Television turning itself on--pretty fucking weird
Both of these things happening together--probably a ghost

Haunted hotel room plus Sigur Rós, guys.

Seriously, the radio didn't just come on by itself at 3:15AM playing "Hotel California," it was so loud it sounded like The Eagles were in our room. We were like, wtf is happening, HG is stumbling around in the dark trying to find the source of this, and I'm, well, useless. And later that morning the TV turned on by itself while HG was sleeping and I was sitting in bed with coffee and iPad. Later we learn this is a known haunted hotel. I've stayed there several times because it's funky and old-elegant and walking distance to three venues I go to but for some reason had not come across the many articles about its hauntedness. Both things could be rationally explained yet we're sticking with the ghost story, just because, well, just because it's better - and possible.

Setlist:
Yfirborð
Ný Batterí
Vaka
Hrafntinna
Sæglópur
Fljótavík
E-bow
Varúð
Hoppípolla
(played an Icelandic "Happy Birthday" for Georg before hand)
Með Blóðnasir
Olsen Olsen
Kveikur
Festival
Brennisteinn
Encore:
Glósóli
Popplagið

Oh, right. Well, for starters, the NYC audience attire leaned towards black with what seemed to me to be an unusual amount of designer eyewear. The Denver audience leaned heavily towards plaid, or as HG put it, it looked like "a lumberjack convention." Is that the sort of detail you're looking for?

I once reviewed a U2 concert on this forum and mentioned a little packet of mustard that I accidentally stepped on, so I think that's quite a good start :wink:

lol Well, when I have time I'll add a few more things. I'm sort of having another crazy week.

Back
Top Bottom