Sigur Rós Párt 2 - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-05-2016, 10:22 PM   #361
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,604
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
No dates in TX, but they have a SLC show at one of the coolest venues in Utah? Damn you, Siger and Ross.
Fortunately there are airports in both places.
__________________

__________________
joyfulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:07 PM   #362
New Yorker
 
U2inUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,669
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Or he could just move back!
__________________

__________________
U2inUtah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:43 AM   #363
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,927
Local Time: 11:44 PM
I've considered both.

Looks like the pre-sale tix for SLC sold out.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:51 AM   #364
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,723
Local Time: 12:44 AM
The pre-sale for the NYC shows was weird. For the first 10 minutes, I could only find the uber-expensive "platinum" seats. But 10-15 minutes into the presale, normal seats started to pop up. I hope this wasn't a shady way to try to get fans to spend more on the platinum package. This being ticketbastard, I have my doubts.
__________________
gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:55 PM   #365
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 62,752
Local Time: 09:44 PM
Yours was through Ticketmaster? Hm.
__________________
corianderstem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:47 PM   #366
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,604
Local Time: 10:44 PM
I tried to buy an uber deluxe seat thinking no one else would so I'd snatch a good seat right away but I was only offered a seat in the back of orchestra (under the mezzanine overhang which I hate) for twice as much as the regular price, so I threw it back thinking I'd get a similar seat at the regular price but never got offered a seat of any kind again even though the interactive seating chart showed plenty of seats available. Really weird.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:04 AM   #367
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 16,941
Local Time: 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
Massey Hall again? No fucking way after the last time.
What was so bad about it? I was thinking of going.
__________________
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:25 AM   #368
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 54,170
Local Time: 02:44 PM
I'm so glad I saw them on the Kveikur run. That album fucking rules then you get Glosoli, Hoppipola, untitled 8, the "hits", basically, it was so great.
__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:28 AM   #369
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,530
Local Time: 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
What was so bad about it? I was thinking of going.
its great only if you are dead center and avoid one of the many, many poles in your line of sight.

I saw them previously there and I had the misfortune of getting "seats" in the bleachers in the upper balcony to the right - the view was horrible (I couldn't even see half the stage) and the seats were obviously made for people from a different time - tiny short people. I'm 6 feet tall and there was no leg room at all, I was in physical pain by the end of the night.

I saw The National there more recently and actually got lower floor seating which was better other than poles all over the place...

People wax nostalgic about Massey Hall, I think it's highly overrated to be honest.
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:19 AM   #370
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,604
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Ok, the general sale was seriously stressful. The venue ticketing system crashed at 10AM and for 10 minutes nothing came up.

So I called on the damn telephone, got right through and after clarifying three times that I wanted tickets for Sigur Ros, no not Sweeney Todd, was offered an uber deluxe $180 seat in the back of orchestra. At the very same moment the online system offered 1st row mezzanine which is my dream seat for any show for only $80. Yes, thank you, that's exactly where I sat the first time I ever saw them, in the same theater.

But guys, the telephone might be the way to go these days.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:11 PM   #371
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 16,941
Local Time: 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
its great only if you are dead center and avoid one of the many, many poles in your line of sight.

I saw them previously there and I had the misfortune of getting "seats" in the bleachers in the upper balcony to the right - the view was horrible (I couldn't even see half the stage) and the seats were obviously made for people from a different time - tiny short people. I'm 6 feet tall and there was no leg room at all, I was in physical pain by the end of the night.

I saw The National there more recently and actually got lower floor seating which was better other than poles all over the place...

People wax nostalgic about Massey Hall, I think it's highly overrated to be honest.
Ahh yeah, Massey Hall does suck. There are plenty of way better venues around town (Molson Amphitheatre woulda been a cool choice). I misread and thought you were referring to something to do with the concert itself.
__________________
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:43 PM   #372
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,530
Local Time: 12:44 AM
the show itself was amazing from what I can remember.
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:49 PM   #373
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,927
Local Time: 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
Ok, the general sale was seriously stressful. The venue ticketing system crashed at 10AM and for 10 minutes nothing came up.

So I called on the damn telephone, got right through and after clarifying three times that I wanted tickets for Sigur Ros, no not Sweeney Todd, was offered an uber deluxe $180 seat in the back of orchestra. At the very same moment the online system offered 1st row mezzanine which is my dream seat for any show for only $80. Yes, thank you, that's exactly where I sat the first time I ever saw them, in the same theater.

But guys, the telephone might be the way to go these days.
I was a complete dumb ass and totally spaced it today at work, will have to check if there are any still available for SLC.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:10 PM   #374
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,604
Local Time: 10:44 PM
I'm so busy, tired and frazzled I had to set an alert on my phone or I'd have forgotten.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:40 PM   #375
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,530
Local Time: 12:44 AM
Does anyone else follow them on instagram? Their new stage setup looks rather impressive this time around...

https://www.instagram.com/sigurros/?hl=en
__________________

__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com