Sigur Rós Párt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for posting that. Pretty excited to see that they're recording in L.A. this very minute and hope to have an album out by the end of the year! :up:

Yesterday, it came up in my seventh grade class that I am flying to Denver to see Sigur Ros. The kids had never heard of them but wanted me to describe their music. As a treat today, I played Daudalogn for them. They loved it and said it was so beautiful, pretty, etc. One boy said, I'm buying this album tonight on iTunes. It's gonna be the best $10 I ever spent! Another student said, I could listen to that forever!

I have hope for the future right now, you guys.

One of my friends sent me an email saying he's listened to that clip more than Valtari. Lolz.

Testing to see if this works...highlights from yesterday's Reddit IAmA.

20397_10151414827999124_1690431350_n.jpg

kjartan_sveinsson.jpg
He was my favorite band member besides Jonsi.
:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Sigur are coming to a festival I'm going to , I know nothing of their work,
but I heard a few things of them and like them. Where do I start to figure them out?
What is their best work?

Takk is generally considered their most easily accessible album, it's likely their most popular as well. Agaetis Byrjun is probably their most critically acclaimed. Those two albums, and a handful of () songs (1, 4, and 8), are probably the "most important" to hear in preparation for a concert in my opinion.

All of their albums are pretty great though, so you can pretty much listen to anything aside from Von, and be ok.

Yes Werchter. :) Not sure if I'm going yet. I'm already seeing them in Vorst Nationaal but seeing them twice wouldn't be bad.

As to your question. I would listen to Agaetis Byrjun first but Takk... is a good starting point as well. If you like either of those be sure to listen to (). It's my favorite though a little less accessible. Untitled #8 is a must like mofo said: they end every show with it.

They're playing at Sasquatch over Memorial Day weekend. I briefly entertained the notion of buying a one-day ticket and schlepping over the mountains to endure a festival to see them. And then I wondered if they'd add a Seattle show around the same time, which would be a million times better.

But then I remembered I'll be out of the country then anyway, so to hell with those Icelanders. Whatever. Go play your stupid concerts when I'm not here. *kicks rocks*

I just watched the extended tour preview 3x in a row with my headphones on at work. Suddenly I heard my office mate say, 'What are you muttering about over there?" I was completely unaware that I was muttering things like "oh my God" over and over.

So, Sigur Ros. They've been one of my absolute favorite bands for a few years and yesterday I finally saw them live. Naturally, my expectations were high and luckily they were met, maybe even exceeded. It's definitely one of the best shows I've ever seen. It could be the best but ranking gigs is almost impossible.

Their setlists are really static but that doesn't matter when they're so good. Sigur Ros have a knack of playing the best (or at least my favorite) songs off of their previous albums. I was especially happy with E-Bow and Olsen Olsen. The only track I kind of missed was Viorar Vel Til Loftarasa, or something like that. They played nothing off of Med Sud but that didn't bother me. They also played four new songs. I liked them although they were less magical than the oldies, which is to be expected of course. They're definitely heavier than most Sigur Ros songs so the people who didn't like Valtari will be happy I think.

The visuals were great as well. The whole band stood behind a big transparent screen during the first few songs on which they projected images. It looked cool.

And then, the encore. :drool: Untitled#8. Unbelievable. It's as if the whole concert builds up to that last song. During the song they sustain even more tension until it's unbearable. And even the climax builds to another, even more awesome, climax. Yeah, that was the best live moment I've ever experienced. It's amazing to see people almost rock out to that last part after standing still a whole concert.

One last thing, Jonsi's voice is incredible. I can't believe he's able to sing like that for two hours straight whilst hitting practically every note.

Here's the setlist.
4ded5709-1799-4028-b32b-590f6fb52ea0_zps0bcfb202.jpg

Nice fingernail.

I was blown away by them live and I wasn't even really a big fan. I'm still kind of not, that gig was mid November and I've still only heard Takk.

LISTEN TO AGAETIS BYRJUN!!!

I think I've only told you that about a million times before.

Awesome! Can't wait for my shows with the lovely HeartlandGirl. :hyper:

That setlist is rather tantalizing.

Back
Top Bottom