Sigur Rós Párt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I seriously adore this record. Originally I passed off Brennisteinn as too heavy, but it's a sensational opener. The chimes on Hrafntinna create such a unique atmosphere, and it ends in a gorgeous fashion with the horns. Isjkai is one of the songs of the year, probably my favourite Sigur Ros tune outside of Glosoli. Yfirbord is beautiful. Stormur has that awesome clanging chorus, Kveikur is a great heavier track, Rafstraumur is amazing, somehow nailing that anthemic, life-affirming sound better than 99 per cent of bands who try it. Bladradur has a really great pace to it, such a muscular sound, and then Val is just a beautiful, beautiful melancholic piano track. Hope to see the majority of these tracks performed live sometime soon.

:heart:

It's a great, great album (their best since ( ) ) that somewhat got lost in the shuffle of all the other great albums to come out this year. Dropping the same day as Yeezus didn't help.

Agreed. I still go back to it often, and I think it's quite a change of pace for them. The first four songs are all fantastic (Ísjaki being my favorite. That chorus).

It's easily one of my personal favs of the year, but I have probably listened to it less than any other Sigur Ros album. Definitely got lost amongst other albums for me, their lack of nearby tour dates didn't help. I need to give it some listens in the near future.

I like it but as I stated earlier some of the poppier tracks drag it down. Kveikur, Brennistein and Hrafntinna are all top tier Sigur Ros songs though.

Kveikur is easily their best since Takk, a really sweet surprise and it will be receiving points from me in our year-end poll for sure.

I like it but as I stated earlier some of the poppier tracks drag it down. Kveikur, Brennistein and Hrafntinna are all top tier Sigur Ros songs though.

:shh:

The "rock" songs on here all wore their welcome out with me really quick, drastically prefer the poppy ones. I think my issue with them is that the "rocky" songs they've done in the past have some sort of dynamic change, build up, or something that actually affects me emotionally. Brennistein and Kveikur are pretty much the exact same from start to finish. I don't care for the production on either. Where past SR "rocky" songs were beautiful, these both seem "noisy" to me.

I can see that with regards to Kveikur. Brennistein however has that awesome breakdown halfway through. Those songs are indeed noisy but that's what they were going for. I wish they'd kept that industrial sound for more songs. Now the record's a bit all over the place sonically.

Of the three tracks I mentioned Hrafntinna is actually my favorite. That one is also poppy but in a less obvious way. That suits Sigur Ros better imo.

North American tour dates announced!

SEATTLE SEATTLE SEATTLE SEATTLE SEATTLE!

sfzwivcvw9wzdr9vqobj_zpsjhabyzl8.gif

Managed to get some tickets after some initial stress. This will be awesome.

No dates in TX, but they have a SLC show at one of the coolest venues in Utah? Damn you, Siger and Ross.

Totally spaced that the fanclub presale was today (despite getting an email about it last night). Belatedly went online to check, and snagged a 4th row seat in the balcony. I'll see if I can get a better seat in the venue presale this week. (Floor option is GA only, which no thank you.)

I saw the email but didn't bother to read it, because I heard about the Thursday presale, which is the usual venue presale, and just assumed they were at the same time. Oh well.

I'll still pop online for the venue presale to see if I can pull a better ticket, but I'm good if 4th row balcony is the best I can do. Will still be able to see better than from the floor.

The Denver presale was frustrating. It kept showing that there were tickets but would not let me have one. Thankful that HeartlandGirl had better luck in Phoenix for us.

Back
Top Bottom