shuttlecock XXIV: it's the little swings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I don’t hate Get Out like most of you do, but there are at least 10 songs on that album that I like more. Little Things would be in my top 20 easily.

I like Get Out unlike almost everyone else. I’ll admit it’s a song with no bite, but I just can’t process how it isn’t perceived as better than most album singles since past Bomb.

Get Out is fine. It’s not great but nowhere near the bottom of the U2 barrel. That list was mostly utter garbage. One of the worst list of best U2 songs I’ve read.

Get Out of Your Own Way might make the top 28 on my list of songs called Get Out of Your Own Way.

And I don’t hate Get Out like most of you do, but there are at least 10 songs on that album that I like more. Little Things would be in my top 20 easily.
I like Get Out unlike almost everyone else. I’ll admit it’s a song with no bite, but I just can’t process how it isn’t perceived as better than most album singles since past Bomb.
Get Out is fine. It’s not great but nowhere near the bottom of the U2 barrel. That list was mostly utter garbage. One of the worst list of best U2 songs I’ve read.
What those guys said

Get Out of Your Own Way might make the top 28 on my list of songs called Get Out of Your Own Way.

Bit generous, I reckon.

Anyway, if I've learnt anything in life, it is to absolutely never read song rankings published in major news outlets, they are just a magnet for boring arguments and takes so bad that even I would blush.

It is, and I say this with all seriousness, amongst the three worst songs the band has ever made, and the other two are the tracks immediately either side of it.

I cannot describe how much I fucking hate A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel and yet I fear you're right.

It is, and I say this with all seriousness, amongst the three worst songs the band has ever made, and the other two are the tracks immediately either side of it.

Yep. Just completely derails the album before it even really gets started. It's like the band took the NLOTH trilogy everyone hates and thought, "how can we do that again, but make the songs even more boring and cringeworthy?"

I'm not fussed by that list, any list by a music critic (who's not really a diehard/like us) who has listened to U2's entire discography would come up with something this - some obvious choices, some headscratchers. Although I'm shocked that there's any halfway respectable music critic who rates GOOYOW.

Bit generous, I reckon.

Yep. Just completely derails the album before it even really gets started. It's like the band took the NLOTH trilogy everyone hates and thought, "how can we do that again, but make the songs even more boring and cringeworthy?"

At least there are some people here who haven't lost all semblance of taste.

The rest of you can take that trash to EYKIW where it belongs.

It was done that way as an homage to Cobbler's hat.

:applaud:

At least there are some people here who haven't lost all semblance of taste.

The rest of you can take that trash to EYKIW where it belongs.

:applaud:

I mean, it's not like anyone here is trying to claim that Get Out is a timeless song that will be remembered as one of the all time greats. Some of us just don't get over dramatic with our opinions.

I mean, it's not like anyone here is trying to claim that Get Out is a timeless song that will be remembered as one of the all time greats. Some of us just don't get over dramatic with our opinions.

Yep.

Ding.

I have more of an issue with choosing Get Out as a single than I do with its existence. It's a throw away pop rock song. They've done worse.

I have more of an issue with choosing Get Out as a single than I do with its existence. It's a throw away pop rock song. They've done worse.

yeah this. to me the song is boring and forgettable, and if it had just been another rando song on SOE i wouldn't have thought twice about it at all.

my main beef with the song is that it was chosen as a single ahead of several other obviously superior songs. that single should have been little things.

it's absolutely baffling why they appear to have forgotten that little things exists the instant they recorded it. it's their best song since the ground beneath her feet, IMO.

SIXTEENTH OF JUNE 905 DOORBELL RINGS MAN AT THE DOOR SAYS IF YOU WANNA STAY ALIVE A BIT LONGER THERE'S THREE THINGS I NEED YOU TO KNOW

1. Wear a face covering
2. Wash your hands
3. Practice social distancing

There aren't many U2 tracks that reference a specific date, are there? Breathe, Pride. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head. I guess it's not a super common lyrical feature in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom