Shuttlecock XXI: Laz is Bigger Than Anyone in His Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vertigo Melb1 2006 (will forever be one of the best nights of my life)
JT30 LA1 2017
~small gap~
360 Melb1 2010 / JT30 LA2 2017
~large gap~
360 Melb2 2010
~large gap~
360 Bris1 2010

#1 - U2360° 2011 Miami - first U2 show and euphoric seems to be the only way I can describe it.

#2 - JT30 Miami - first time seeing them alone, and I had a blast. Great crowd as well.

I really want to see a U2 arena show, so I’m gutted that life has prevented me from catching a show on i+e or e+i.

Speaking of not making the children suffer
What in god’s name are they thinking when they replace Gloria with All Because of You? Gloria was the one song my friend wanted to hear at her one and only bucket list show last night. She didn’t complain but my heart sank.

Otherwise, another good not great show. GA was maybe a bit more fun, seats were a more powerful experience. Glad I had the opportunity to see the show from both vantage points.

And you guys are breaking my heart this morning with the stroke theory. It had never crossed my mind and I hadn’t seen the more detailed comments from the band about his medical crisis.

Last edited:
When do we think Bono had this mishap?

Because you won't go again or you don't think they'll tour again?

I'm glad I got to see JT30. I'll take a somewhat distant JT30 show than a hyper-engaged EI show.
If this tour wraps up as expected and doesn't continue beyond what they've already scheduled, then I certainly don't expect them to get back on the road any time soon - especially at the rate they work at.

Sure, they could do an Achtung Baby 30th tour, which would be a other 3 years off. Frankly these guys don't look good, other than Edge and Adam (ironically). I was a little taken aback by how old Larry looks, and we know that Bono can't go a few months without stepping in some shit.

I certainly hope that there's at least one more run in them, but we are definitely nearing the end game.

I was a little taken aback by how old Larry looks

It’s his hair. He’d easily take off 10 years by going light blond/silver. One of the biggest mistakes people make coloring their hair as they age is going too dark. It’s just all wrong. He should fire his hair stylist and go to Adam’s. Because except for the hair and his dour expression, which is just Larry, he still looks great.

But they don’t need to look great to still do what they do (see Keith Richards, Bob Dylan, and Springsteen whose body looks like he’s in pain and who’s very close to crossing a line with the cosmetic facial shit but is still an amazing performer).

And Nick Cave. My god, peaking at 61.

Last edited:
It’s his hair. He’d easily take off 10 years by going light blond/silver. One of the biggest mistakes people make coloring their hair as they age is going too dark. It’s just all wrong. He should fire his hair stylist and go to Adam’s. Because except for the hair and his dour expression, which is just Larry, he still looks great.

But they don’t need to look great to still do what they do (see Keith Richards, Bob Dylan, and Springsteen whose body looks like he’s in pain and who’s very close to crossing a line with the cosmetic facial shit but is still an amazing performer).

And Nick Cave. My god, peaking at 61.

Nah it's not his hair. It's him. I ended up right in front of where he stands during Sunday Bloody Sunday, and man he looked old.

I may have also been drunk

you-dont-say.gif

Re: whether they'll tour again or when, Bono did say at Philly 2 something to the effect of "we probably won't be back here for a while, so thanks for comin' out and supporting us, etc."

By 2010s U2 standards they've certainly been rather busy the middle part of it, and yea, probably at least three years until another album/tour. But I don't think this is the end. Later in the game, but they've made enough "why stop in our sixties/seventies" comments too that I see at least another decade in them. Hopefully (and hopefully with Brian/Danny on board, as well as Larry).

It very well could just be age fighting against plastic surgery. Alas, I thought he looked really old when he turned and was looking our way. It was more his eyes and his mannerisms than anything else I guess.

Maybe he just wasn't on board.View attachment 12006

Maybe his back's bothering him again.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Or maybe we are all just trying so hard to be Bono that we can’t see how old Larry looks because we can’t see anything at all. Maybe we aren’t even looking at Larry. Or the stage even. IMG_7840.JPG

they all look old. because they're old. adam just looks a little less old than the others.

Maybe you’re old.

Or maybe you also have the glasses on so you didn’t get the joke about the guy with the glasses on facing the wrong direction.

And no, it wasn’t a one-off thing. He was deffo trying to be the fly, rocking in the wrong direction.

I mean, I must be getting old because I miss the times when you could actually get a 12 oz can of soda in a soda machine. Nowadays it’s 368643 oz plastic bottle or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom