Shuttlecock XXI: Laz is Bigger Than Anyone in His Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you get past 50, shit starts getting real in the old department.

I have personal experience here.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

But u still like to rock and that makes u cool and young. :rockon:

And you guys are breaking my heart this morning with the stroke theory. It had never crossed my mind and I hadn’t seen the more detailed comments from the band about his medical crisis.

All of this breaks my heart too. Every time I listen to that end section of "The Little Things That Give You Away," I get upset. Four in the morning, the doctors are swarming...sometimes the end is not coming, the end is here. Anyone having to go through a near-death medical emergency in the middle of the night, it upsets me and scares me.

I knew a woman in her 40s who died of a stroke that happened in the middle of the night. And I remember that, after the funeral, I was driving to meet a friend for dinner. I was listening to U22, and I eventually just lost it and cried as I drove. I don't remember which song made me emotionally collapse, though.

So when I listen to this record with those lenses on, I see the Experience side of it more clearly, and maybe how Bono was trying to carve down his life into the essentials with some of the lyrics. It made the opening of the E+I show I saw very powerful for me. I thought I would cry as he walked up the catwalk during Lights of Home, like he was walking toward the end of his life. Whatever he experienced, I'm sure it was terrifying and awful.

4gHf2d

Well I got to finally see the show last night.
As many have said before, good to very good show, but not their best.
The encore definitely needs some oomph, its just too slow with those 3 songs in a row.
I'll see it from seats tonight to get that perspective, I assume I'll wish I was in GA.

Spent the night next to Mrs. Springsteen (Interference's own, not Patty Scialfa) on the catwalk rail in the middle, a little closer to e stage than main stage.

Also finally got to meet zoney and Schmeg on the floor before the show.

So in the car on way to dinner earlier, asked my son if there was a particular song or moment of the show that stood out to him last night as his favorite/most memorable.

His reply: City of Blinding Lights.

Friggin'.

So in the car on way to dinner earlier, asked my son if there was a particular song or moment of the show that stood out to him last night as his favorite/most memorable.

His reply: City of Blinding Lights.

Friggin'.

I mean, at least he didn't say Get Out Of Your Own Way.

Because then the belt would have to come off.

I think the question “Is Shouter ok?? :sad:” is more relevant now that he’s posted several pages of YouTube vids without comment in the Japanese music thread than when he was actually MIA.

And so the first leg ends, what a disappointment. 31 songs played across 27 shows but four of those were only played once. One song was a regular but got dropped after seven shows. 23 songs played at every show and the only differences between setlists for the last TWENTY shows was whether you got Gloria or fucking All Because of You.

:down::down::down::down::down::down::down:

And so the first leg ends, what a disappointment. 31 songs played across 27 shows but four of those were only played once. One song was a regular but got dropped after seven shows. 23 songs played at every show and the only differences between setlists for the last TWENTY shows was whether you got Gloria or fucking All Because of You.

:down::down::down::down::down::down::down:

I'll repeat that I think SOE has more good/great songs than any album since Pop.

But this tour, on paper at least, is the nadir of their career. What an ill-conceived and lifeless endeavor. Bravo for playing so many new songs, unfortunately they were mostly the wrong ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom