Shuttlecock XX - Laz Is All You Have Left

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they'll play rarities like Grace and Stand Up Comedy

"This is a song we haven't played before. We know a lot of you talk about it regularly, that it's really got our fans passionate, that years after its release it's still a touchstone for many of you. So we've dug it out for you. C'mon ye people, I'm gonna fall down if I can't stand up for your love!"

The only album songs that haven't been played live are right fucking obscure. Do we really think they're going to do The Refugee, Playboy Mansion, Heartland, and Promenade? Those last two are fucking superb songs but U2's obsession with getting an overwhelming audience reaction means they'd go the way of Your Blue Room, probably quicker. I suppose Acrobat would hold some audience attention. But that song is Interference's favourite pipe dream.

Given the album’s theme of Bono’s brush with mortality, I think When I Look At The World or One Step Closer could be a good fit for the set. No idea how those would go down with a casual audience, but they could work.

You'd think I'd know better by now than to get excited when they say "we're doing x, y and z" on this tour, but here we are.

You'd think I'd know better by now than to get excited when they say "we're doing x, y and z" on this tour, but here we are.
Will when they say longer sets, I merely see that as playing the 24-25 of i/e as opposed to the 21 of Joshua Tree.

The rarities? They always pull a few out. If they do keep Joshua Tree songs to a minimum it leaves a lot of room in the set - and an album cut off of Achtung Baby or anything from Pop would certainly be considered a rare occurrence.

So I think they'll do both of the things mentioned... just not to the extreme that people around here would like to speculate about.

This will be the fifth tour since they've played any Pop (bar 3 performances in that time). If they don't play any now, with less casuals attending due to some overplaying of certain areas, then they never will.

btw the tour trailer/commercial teases augmented reality... it's been right in front of out faces the entire time and nobody caught on.

About 4/5 seconds in... There's a blue Bono on the. If screen, but there are other blue... things?... flying all around him, including off the screen.

There's another moment at 9/10 seconds where there are objects all over the arena with the band inside the stage.

The trailer is so scattershot its tough to tell what any of that is.

But I bet Blue Bono like Blue Bunny
Well it's the only concert footage that wasn't in the i/e show, and shows images off the screen... so it's either horrible editing, or they wanted to sneak some AR in there but not make it so obvious as to ruinthe surprise.

You know, I don't think I know what "augmented reality" actually is. Are they giving each a tab of acid as we walk in the building?

That'd be much better than some dumb app that probably won't work.

Augmented reality sounds like some creepy CD extra from 1999 where Bill Gates comes to you in a dream and hands you an egg that you're supposed to insert into your tummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom