Shuttlecock XX - Laz Is All You Have Left

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was fully ready to co-sign with Travis until he said that. Collapse Into Now has a few proper keepers, it's the one post-Monster REM album that has elicited a modest degree of interest from me.

It's weird because I enjoyed Accelerate a lot and even listened to it again a few months ago, but Collapse Into Now gave me this "oh that was nice but whatever" vibe and nothing stood out in a way that a few of the Accelerate highlights did.

I'm sure I'd still like it if I went back to it. The only bad REM album is Around the Sun, for my money.

Seriously, New Adventures In Hi-Fi, Up and Reveal are pretty great albums, the middle one being my favourite R.E.M. album, but then again they are probably my favourite band too. :shifty:

Yeah, Around The Sun is the "oops overstretched it there a bit" album, but in the years since and the band kinda disowned it, I've grown to like most of the songs especially the REM Live in Dublin versions from 2005. Their last :sad: two were good to great records and had moments that were up there with the 'golden age' - Living Well is the Best Revenge, ÜBerlin, It Happened Today while Supernatural Superserious is the kinda dumb but fun pop song U2 want to but can't seem to write, a song where verse and chorus are not sellopated together.

I always forget New Adventures was after Monster, rather than before it. I think I don't rate it as much as most fans though. And from thereafter, I think the only song that would make my REM top thirty, were I to try to compose one, would be Discoverer.

As much as I appreciated your review, the album doesn't require analysis beyond the running diary format, honestly. It's another big clusterfuck from U2 with a lot of clunky lyrics, disappointing guitar work, strange tracklisting choices and a few great highlights to give fans hope for the future. Same set of issues as SOI.

I'm not down on the album, but I see the general sentiment here. It's hard to have a strong opinion about this album either way; it's pleasant and inoffensive, simply meandering rather than bad in its weaker spots and interesting rather than great in its better spots. I think you are either going to identify with Bono's parental emotionalism or you're not, and that's about the end of it in terms of the album's replay value.

I prefer Innocence to Experience. At least that one had The Troubles and Sleep Like a Baby. Only Little Things really comes close to them here.

Today the mailman brought my tickets for Boston 2, along with the credit card bill that has both ticket orders on it. May I say Fuck you to U2 and Guy O$eary for once again selling tickets just before Christmas.

Today the mailman brought my tickets for Boston 2, along with the credit card bill that has both ticket orders on it. May I say Fuck you to U2 and Guy O$eary for once again selling tickets just before Christmas.
Yea that's bullshit.

They always seem to put the tickets on sale either right before or right after Christmas.

Dicks.

Got 2 more CDs in today's mail, a total of 6 for 5 tickets ordered. We'll see how many more show up next week.
All my relatives will get one for Christmas. :wink:

I know I'm late to the criticism party, but did Bono really write a lyric that includes slaves, masters, and Lincoln?!

Seriously. That whole verse, and especially that bit of it, sinks the entire song. I notice it more, and am bothered by it more, on each listen.

Seriously. That whole verse, and especially that bit of it, sinks the entire song. I notice it more, and am bothered by it more, on each listen.

What do you think he was trying to get at with that lyric (slaves / master)?

Is he insinuating that Trump voters are like slaves?

Last edited:
is Book of Your Heart this good?

I don’t wanna talk about the album now. I just wanna talk about this song...this one track that I’m clamming to be my favorite U2 song EVER. I’m not even joking, this is the most beautiful U2 song I’ve heard in my 24 years of being a fan. Tell me why on Earth this song is only a bonus track? This has touched me so deeply that I just can not find the words to explain what I’m feeling. I just can’t stop crying and this is what I love the most about listening to a new song for the very first time. This is the feeling I seek in music. This is why I’m addicted to music, because of moments like this, when I just find myself lost in words and in my own emotions. I truly hope that the band realizes the magnificence of this track and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD plays it live. #U2 #SOE #u2songsofexperience #BookOfYourHeart

No.

I listened to it once and felt little urge to go back. I should get around to that second listen, but it seemed kind of cheesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom