Shuttlecock XX - Laz Is All You Have Left

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now the forum can officially close. There is nothing more to discuss. It's all been forgiven. The swans are swimming.

Very early in tour, with two shows, we are getting it in San Jose.

That-s my story and I’m sticking to it.

See you there! You doing GA?

Thank you guys for the kind words. I will pass them along to my friend, who could use some encouragement right now. I hope she gets to go to the show. U2 has a way of lifting people up.

I...don't really like the setlist very much. There are maybe 4-5 songs in there that I would pay to see, and you already know which ones those are. Most of the set is SOI and SOE and I didn't really like either of those albums. 17/27 (63%) of the set is 21st century material, compared to 11/22 on the opening night of 360 and 10/24 on the opening night of I+E. This is, of course, a natural progression as time goes on. There are more 21st century albums now.

On the plus side, 27 songs is fantastic. Good for them.

Last edited:
Good setlist although
I still think they should throw in one of the JT hits for the casual fan. Its not like everyone in the arena was also at the JT30 tour.

Video of the song

Sounds and looks wicked. Would love to have witnessed it live, that VR screen bit is very cool. Would kinda like Bono to go a bit harder at it given the desperation of the song is really what makes it, but still, very very cool. Bono seems pretty pumped at the end, so hopefully it sticks around.

I...don't really like the setlist very much. There are maybe 4-5 songs in there that I would pay to see, and you already know which ones those are. Most of the set is SOI and SOE and I didn't really like either of those albums. 17/27 (63%) of the set is 21st century material, compared to 11/22 on the opening night of 360 and 10/24 on the opening night of I+E. This is, of course, a natural progression as time goes on. There are more 21st century albums now.

I don't like the setlist either, but I'm just focusing on the good.

Saw a video of that other song from that one album.. looks and sounds like they finally nailed playing it live after all these years.

I'm with you on this. Apart from That Song and a couple of others, most of the set is pretty meh. The end of the second set has got to be the worst progression of songs in U2 concert history.

More's the pity, as from the first couple of days of rehearsals I was cautiously optimistic. Can't believe they fell back on a taped version of what's now the intermission, after rehearsing it live so much. I'm hoping they bust it out properly somewhere along the way, as with a couple of other cool tunes they rehearsed.

Wow, they play the longest set they've played in years with the ultimate "White Whale" song in the catalogue and you guys are still bitching. Get fucked.

Seriously you guys have fucking lost the plot if you look at that setlist as a U2 fan and your first instinct is that you "don't like it."

Kiss my ass.

I’d rather kiss your arse than hear like 13 post-2000 U2 songs I really don’t like.

As I said the good is fucking awesome, but it could be way better.

Also, I was pretty positive overall.

And for the millionth time, the reason why me and Ax complain is because they haven’t fucking been here in nearly a decade.

I was full of praise for JT30, which I spent $1000+ flying overseas for (and having to sleep on Laz’s couch), guess you missed that. :shrug:

It's my least favourite set they had ever did but since they're playing what is one of my absolute favourite songs in general (not just by U2), I really don't care.

Play that every night and I'll happily find a ticket for a show on the European leg.

Seriously you guys have fucking lost the plot if you look at that setlist as a U2 fan and your first instinct is that you "don't like it."

Kiss my ass.

Geez I'm sorry I didn't blow the band in gratitude for playing one song.

Out of 27 songs, there are:

1 that I would be extremely keen to hear
4 that I would really enjoy hearing
2 that would be neat to hear, but not earth-shattering
4 that I wouldn't mind hearing once (basically, have never heard live, and go into the ambivalent section once I have)
6 that I'd be ambivalent about hearing
5 that I never need to hear live ever again
4 that can fuck right off

That's not a good return.

You need to step away from covering U2 setlists so closely if you think this is a bad setlist. Pull your head our of your ass. Burn your setlist website to the ground and get real. You've lost the plot.

Ooh, let me try to guess :hyper:

1 that I would be extremely keen to hear
Acrobat
4 that I would really enjoy hearing
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses / Until the End of the World / The Ocean / I Will Follow
2 that would be neat to hear, but not earth-shattering
Cedarwood Road / Raised By Wolves
4 that I wouldn't mind hearing once (basically, have never heard live, and go into the ambivalent section once I have)
Staring at the Sun / The Blackout / Love is Bigger / 13 There is a Light
6 that I'd be ambivalent about hearing
Love is All We Have Left / Lights of Home / All Because of You / Desire / City of Blinding Lights / American Soul
5 that I never need to hear live ever again
One / Elevation / Vertigo / Beautiful Day / Pride
4 that can fuck right off
Iris / Song for Someone / Best Thing / Fuck Off

That's not a good return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom