Shuttlecock XVII - The Best Title That Ever Happened a Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Love Is Like A Drunkard (Holding Up The Bar)

...that'd actually be sort of interesting, pity Paul Kelly already wrote it twenty years ago...

I won't lie, I think it'd be kind of fun if Edge decided to have 20 guitar tracks layered over the top of each other in a song.

Ive heard that there is a song in Siamese Dreams (Smashing Pumpkins album, obviously) which has 40 guitar tracks, so that doesn't sound too ridiculous

U2fan2004! Is really rocking out to these hot new U2 songs, guys. He says it puts the band firmly in same league as Jet, Imagine Dragons and The Trews.

Im less convinced

What!!! Explain!!! Cool!!!

As for there being “complete shit” on Pop... lol no. Nothing even comes close to being shit.

Since I finally have some downtime while waiting in line for San Diego I'll explain. Me and a few other people were at a bar the night before the Phoenix show and Craig Evans (U2's tour director) came and hung out with us for an hour. I left and apparently a friend of ours stayed and talked to him more and convinced him to take us backstage next day. Around 2:30 the day of the show Craig comes and gets like 15 of us and takes us to the stage. Larry's drum tech talked to us at the tree stage for a short while and let me sit at the drum set. Sunday Bloody Sunday was the first song I ever learned to play on drums so it was super cool getting to sit there at the drum set where he'll start the show with that song. Easily the coolest U2 experience I've ever had (although I'm young and haven't had very many).

You mean where the band played a different version of TBT because they realized the one they released sucks?

There was a surprise in the set though: You’re the Best Thing About Me was performed in acoustic style. Bono explained at the end that the band did this because the woman who inspired the song, his wife Ali, was in attendance and he wanted to sing the song directly to her.

I think it actually does work better acoustic.

Well we don't really have a live electric Stay to compare it to. I'm sure it would be even better.

I think he means the B+E only acoustic versions that they've played from Elevation onwards. The ZooTV version is full-band and even though it might technically be acoustic, it sounds more like what you might label 'semi-acoustic'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom