Shuttlecock XVII - The Best Title That Ever Happened a Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_7920.JPG

So this happened today before the show...Sunday Bloody Sunday was the first song I ever played on drums so this was so amazing

But you get that that song broke off and became these other songs, right?

Did I suggest otherwise? I was questioning that they are "pretty much already playing it", when no, the two songs really aren't identical at all.

jeez Ax we should all know that Lady with Spinning Heads is basically a prototype for Ultraviolet, just like Sick Puppy served as a prototype of many songs.

This is nonsense.

Take You Down became three separate songs: The Fly, LWTSH, and UV. A bit of Zoo Station in there too. LWTSH is pretty much a link between The Fly and UV, sure, and has similarities to each, but the most obvious traits went to The Fly.

What!!! Explain!!! Cool!!!

This! Tell more!

We have some new ones from Bono in the RS interview:

"Frank Sinatra singing on the moon"

"A sci-fi torch song"

Hahahahaha.

We do have confirmation (confirmed rumor?) that the opening track on the album is "Love Is All We Have Left". Don't think we knew that before.

Of course Bono reads Thomas Friedman. Of course.

Punk Supremes somehow sounds even worse that punk Motown.

And had we received confirmation on this before?

There's a letter to America called "American Soul," Kendrick Lamar used a bit of this for "XXX" on his new album.

Last edited:
Lyin' Bono Vox said:
There's a song called "The Showman" which is a letter to our audience, it's kind of about performers and how you shouldn't trust them too much. It's about me, haha. There's a funny line, well, I think it's funny anyway, "I lie for a living, I love to let on but you make it true when you sing along.?

Confirmation that in fact Bono lies.

Damn kids these days, with their Imagined Dragons and their Taylor Swifts and their Zayn Maliks.

Alright, after reading that, I'm bracing for the worst album of their career. Nowhere to go but up, baby.

Fight back, don't take it lying down you've got to bite back.
The face of liberty is starting to crack,
She had a plan until she got a smack in the mouth
And it all went south like freedom.
The slaves are looking for someone to lead 'em,
The master's looking for someone to need him.
The promised land is there for those who need it most
And Lincoln's ghost says get out of your own way.

Yikes. Starting to miss daft shit like butter on toast and digging moles, those lyrics are bad, up there with Depeche Mode's Where's the Revolution.

I cannot wait until he manages to fit his lame very good is the enemy of great soundbite into a song, because at this rate it's a'coming...

The other place never ceases to amaze.

What the fuck??

Yikes. Starting to miss daft shit like butter on toast and digging moles, those lyrics are bad, up there with Depeche Mode's Where's the Revolution.

I cannot wait until he manages to fit his lame very good is the enemy of great soundbite into a song, because at this rate it's a'coming...

Somehow those lyrics read even worse seeing them formatted like that. :sad:

In my head this is a rap to the tune of Fight the Power.

And Lincoln's ghost says stop hammer time

The Phoenix show was fantastic last night, you guys. The band seemed eager to get back out there and rock after their unexpected St. Louis cancellation. Lots of coworkers today telling me they loved it, they cried, it was worth going to bed at 2:00 am, etc.

Couple of notes:

--Beck was so far superior to the Lumineers. You already knew that.

--I don't remember the LA show starting so late. U2 did not go on until around 9:30. It was a late night for a Tuesday. At the end, Bono said, "Good night! Go to bed!" I've never been at a show where the crowd so wanted to get into the show but was also obviously tired. People didn't want to sit down (most of my section stood the whole time), but the rocking out was subdued.

--The Best Thing sounded decent live. There was no mass exodus. People were vibing to it.

--People seemed shocked by Exit, which was a highlight again for me. I think people forget that U2 are not just a pop band, but a rock band too.

--It was my sister's first U2 show. She was surprised at how amazing they sounded. Bono's voice was strong, and he sang a lot of parts that I've often heard him phone in either with talking or letting the crowd sing.

Maybe I'll think of more later. Gotta go to a meeting. *falls asleep*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom