Shuttlecock XVI - Cobbler's Revenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
being technically wrong doesn't make me go "Ok I guess they're not as static as I thought".

Well perhaps it should. Or at least that "hey ZooTV was pretty fucking static too". But nobody on this forum, and I mean nobody, is more stubborn than you.

Also the fact that you have to go all the way back to two heavily-choreographed multimedia overloads to find the exception says a lot. This tour shouldn't be so beholden, especially in the opening section when they aren't even using the fucking screen.

I agree about the opening section, for sure. And obviously I agree they need more diversity, I've always said that it's silly they use the production as an excuse when the visuals for each song are usually self-contained.

But we all knew this tour was going to be static, because U2's setlists on stadium tours are always a bit more constrained than arena ones, regardless of whether they should be. And the production is pretty similar to Popmart, minus one lemon - the band in front of the biggest fuck-off screen you've seen up to this point in time.

Playing 8 new songs in a row off Achtung Baby when they were just five years removed from the Joshua Tree was pretty bad ass.

You know what else is different in Australia? THE NAZIS

check out their snazzi snauzzie fascionable uniform:

New_Guard_member.jpeg

Last edited:
Just wanted to do a quick shout out to Ashley - there's been a fair bit of negativity and bickering on the forum regarding this tour of late, and I am liable to getting sucked into it, but I keep reminding myself to just place myself back at the actual shows that I saw and appreciate them for everything they were, and not what was missing or could have been better. Ashley, who gave me a lift back to Laz's on night two, was great in that regard - yeah, there's a million nitpicky things she could complain about, but she was like, you know what, this is one of my favourite bands playing a great show, so why don't I just fucking appreciate it.

I always like to remind myself of that. We've had our clashes over the years but as I suspected when we met in person we understood each other and I really like your positivity :up:

Looks like the single is called "The Black Out".

I hope it rules.

I like it. :)
And that's all I'll say at the moment.

I don't like the way they spaced Blackout into two words.

As there's no official info yet no-one knows exactly what the song is called. And if the title is indeed Blackout, no-one knows yet whether it's one word or two.

As there's no official info yet no-one knows exactly what the song is called. And if the title is indeed Blackout, no-one knows yet whether it's one word or two.

If there's anything I learned from The Other Place, it's that judging songs by their titles months away from release is a totally reasonable way to predict their quality.

If there's anything I learned from The Other Place, it's that judging songs by their titles months away from release is a totally reasonable way to predict their quality.

True.
I have to say that I'm satisfied by the quality of the song, though the listening conditions weren't optimal. So I do want to hear it again (soon!) in a better setting.

One of my sources saw the clapboard the film crew were using. It read "The Black Out".

But there are plenty of examples of the band's own setlists formatting song titles incorrectly, so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom