Shuttlecock XVI - Cobbler's Revenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been watching some videos for the first time since seeing the show, and I have to say: the Streets intro is basically perfect this tour. Exactly what a lot of people have been asking for, and more: the long intro, the Joshua Tree shadow in the screen, the big lights, and then that moment when the black and white video gradually pans down from the clouds to reveal the long road somewhere in the desert. Awesome stuff.

I can't even troll through that thread for laughs, it's just so pathetic that there are people out there like that. Christ.

It was worth it just to find the one preening asshat that endorses this kind of behavior and is like bragging about it in the thread.

He needs to be taken down several notches by as many members as possible.

Agree, Gump. It is worth the price of admission alone. It is utterly spectacular.

It was worth it just to find the one preening asshat that endorses this kind of behavior and is like bragging about it in the thread.

He needs to be taken down several notches by as many members as possible.

Please provide the link so I don't have to go searching for it.

Show was good overall, got 3 songs I'd never seen before (Red Hill Mining Town, MOTD and The Little Things). Liked the opening, really gets the crowd right into things (and preferred the entrance of Larry walking out to his kit to Bono's Joey Ramone entrance in 2015)
Wasn't a huge fan of the arrangement of RHMT, I could overlook the canned horns if Edge were playing guitar not piano, but still glad to hear it live finally. Exit was the highlight of the show, just like 30 years ago, so furious.
And adding Vertigo into the encore after Elevation was a good move, really gets the crowd amped, works well.
I misspoke yesterday when I said I only watched video of MOTD from Seattle, forgot I also had viewed the video of Little Things from Vancouver and was kind of meh on it. Enjoyed it a lot more in person (as one would expect), still think they should have used it as the penultimate song and closed with either IWF or treated us to 40 or something, but a minor nit pick.
Screen was cool, though I focus more on the band.
Wife enjoyed it and the 13 year old really enjoyed the rocking stuff, a little less so on stuff like RTSS, MOTD and Miss Sarajevo.

I'm sure this has already been discussed in the dedicated thread that I blocked a while ago, but Cockplay literally has a new song called All I Can Think About Is You??

Like, they're not even trying to pretend they're more than a Shuttlecock ripoff anymore?

You say you want
Cubic zirconia on a ring of gold
You say you want
Your story to be only partially told
But some of the promises we make
From early adulthood to middle age
When all I can think about is you

You say you want
Cubic zirconia on a ring of gold
You say you want
Your story to be only partially told
But some of the promises we make
From early adulthood to middle age
When all I can think about is you

You say you'll give me an Apple with no worm in it
A Moses to share my quick wit
All the Children with bad names...

you say you'll divorce me
and call it conscious uncoupling
it's really a straight up dumping
so i'll write a bunch more shite

One of the best two-song stretches on any U2 album is Last Night On Earth followed by Gone. Don't @ me.

It turns out I'm going to NJ2 after all. GA dropped this afternoon on ticketmaster and I snagged one. My last realistic chance of ever hearing ASOH live.

I'll enjoy it regardless, so it's cool. That said, they played it at least once in their other two-night-same-city stints (Chicago and LA), so who knows.

When he was overruled and Invisible and Crystal ballroom were left off SOI for Song For Someone and California, he fell off the wagon.

Back
Top Bottom