Shuttlecock XV: Seppos and the 42: Cobbler's Epic Fail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well given they ditched Love and Peace in Auckland for Bad, that was me going "I don't give a fuck if you want to be relevant or not, I don't even care if you try, because IF YOU TWIST AND TURN AWAY

Oh man, I fucking leapt ten feet in the air when Bad began.

Au contraire:

U2 Chicago, 2011-07-05, Soldier Field, 360° Tour - U2 on tour

I was there. It was real and it was spectacular.

Oh shit, of course!

Only gig where it was planned as the closer. :wink:

YAAAAAAAAS.

God, that all just fucking rules.

Also totally love Bad-40-Streets from Boston 2001. So fucking good.

I am 40 percent less likely to buy a U2 ticket now than I was a few days ago just because of that fucking photo Bono took with George W. Bush.

Really? I thought it was a lovely tweak to Trump.

"Remember this guy? The one you all rightfully hated? Remember what it was like to have a terrible president who could do something decent in the middle of all the other shit he did? Yeah, fuck Trump, he's going to undo that decent thing."

I hated when Bono would pal around with Bush when he was president, but at least I understood what he was after. Bush no longer has power to help in the fight against AIDS, and Bono should be staying far the fuck away from him. He doesn't owe Bush shit for doing one nice thing in the midst of war crimes. It's embarrassing.

Bush's war crimes are appalling. He was stupid and let actual evil people take over for him, but he did manage to do a good thing or two in terms of the fight against HIV/AIDS.

Bono appears nuanced enough to hate the war crimes but appreciate someone who helped him with something extremely close to his heart.

I actually cannot believe I'm saying this, but one thing I've learnt as I age is that you can like and dislike, and put things aside (yes even war crimes) when you've got a common goal - I think Bush would accept criticism from Bono at the same time as praise.

Not to mention as one of the few former living presidents, you cannot say Wanker Bush has no sway anywhere. Even if it's with an NGO.

But, I do totally understand not liking the photo. I love it when my partner barely knows U2 and Bono's political views and he goes and does that. I love having to practically work on a scripted explanation of why my favourite rock star is hugging the second dopiest US President. I LOVE IT. I love getting to effectively contradict myself in the same sentence.

The Bad -> Streets Boston Elevation version completely took my breath away when I first watched it. And this DvD was my first ever U2 live experience at the time. I think it will always be a personal pinnacle when it comes to the official DVDs. I've had many a disagreement with some of my mates over whether Slane or Boston is superior.

I was 6 when that DVD came out and my dad played it one time and I saw that moment and loved it. Just the buildup and the way the lights and the song just erupt, I must've watched it a thousand times. When I was a kid I would put that show on and pretend I was Bono and sing along with the whole DVD. That Elevation Boston show is why I'm a fan.

I hated when Bono would pal around with Bush when he was president, but at least I understood what he was after. Bush no longer has power to help in the fight against AIDS, and Bono should be staying far the fuck away from him. He doesn't owe Bush shit for doing one nice thing in the midst of war crimes. It's embarrassing.

Bush no longer has the power to help? The guy has his own charitable foundations not to mention a lot of powerful connections and supporters who still follow him.

If you can't see any of this and think Bono's just going out of his way to be friendly, you're nuts.

I'm late on the shows stats thing but here it is..

Shows
Songs played at every show
Beautiful Day (7 times)
Elevation (7 times)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (7 times)
Miss Sarajevo (7 times)
One (7 times)
Sunday Bloody Sunday (7 times)
Where The Streets Have No Name (7 times)
With Or Without You (7 times)

Songs played at 1-6 shows
Bad (6 times)
Pride (In The Name Of Love) (6 times)
Bullet The Blue Sky (5 times)
New Year's Day (5 times)
Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (5 times)
Exit (4 times)
In God's Country (4 times)
Mothers Of The Disappeared (4 times)
One Tree Hill (4 times)
Red Hill Mining Town (4 times)
Running To Stand Still (4 times)
Trip Through Your Wires (4 times)
City Of Blinding Lights (3 times)
I Will Follow (3 times)
Mysterious Ways (3 times)
Until The End Of The World (3 times)
Vertigo (3 times)
Get On Your Boots (2 times)
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (2 times)
In A Little While (2 times)
Magnificent (2 times)
Moment Of Surrender (2 times)
Return Of The Stingray Guitar (2 times)
Scarlet (2 times)
The Little Things That Give You Away (2 times)
Walk On (2 times)

Songs played at 1 show
A Sort Of Homecoming (1 time)
Angel Of Harlem (1 time)
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (1 time)
Kite (1 time)
Love And Peace Or Else (1 time)
Mercy (1 time)
Party Girl (1 time)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (1 time)
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (1 time)
The First Time (1 time)
The Fly (1 time)
The Saints Are Coming (1 time)

Last edited:
Here's a late spoiler from the Dallas show.

I lost my shit when Edge started playing In God's Country.

Here's another spoiler.

During the opening pre-JT set, I watched a woman record the phone of the person in front of her for at least a full minute.

Last edited:
And another.

There was a point where Bono said "luminous times" a couple times, and I was like, "Holy shit, are they going to play Luminous Times?!" They didn't, so I was like, "Dammit."

And another.

There was a point where Bono said "luminous times" a couple times, and I was like, "Holy shit, are they going to play Luminous Times?!" They didn't, so I was like, "Dammit."

He keeps bloody saying that word. Either play the damn song or consult a thesaurus.

Nou Te whatever his name is has given this tour for Aus/NZ the kiss of death..he's basically recycling the article that was in the Kiwi papers over the weekend.

Yet again, my partner asked why I said I hated hardcore U2 fans, as a hardcore U2 fan.

IT'S NOT JUST FOR YOU. GET IT INTO YOUR SKULL. The setlist threads and the GA queues are doing my head in.

"I'm sick of [song often played], it ruins my enjoyment of the show"

Then, maybe, just maybe, don't go to every bloody show?

Back
Top Bottom