Shuttlecock XV: Seppos and the 42: Cobbler's Epic Fail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nah they'd just give him electroshock therapy to make him right

A proverbial electrical storm.

In all seriousness, I am crazy psyched. Yesterday a girl I work with twice asked me "When does the Jericho Tree show start?". lolzorz

jericho.jpg

When they played The Missing Song Saturday night, the people around me in the $155 seats didn't know what the song was.

The concept of spending that much money on tickets when you don't know that many songs is and will always be incredibly baffling to me.

I imagine he'll be a bit crushed at the omission, but I cannot imagine anyone not having fun, enjoying that show. It's still fucking amazing as it is.

Yes.

Amen.

Maybe it's easy for me to say because the omission came after I had heard it twice but, I mean....it's very difficult for me to understand how anyone that even sort of still likes the band would not be excited for a show that includes JT being played in full along with the other songs on the setlist.

And, look, yeah, if I knew ASOH was played even one time, then I went to a show and it was dropped, I'd be disappointed but considering the reason this tour even exists and JT's deep meaning to me, I'd be more than fine. Fuck, they did not play it at Rose Bowl II and I still thought that show as great. And I think it's pretty obvious how much I adore ASOH...but yeah.

It's only a few shows in, but, between the people here that have seen it and commented on it and my coworkers and friends in LA that attended, not one person has had anything to say about it that was not overwhelmingly positive on the whole.

I do hope that the omission gets put back in but either way, the shows will be fantastic.

Yes.

This. That was a great weekend with two great shows and I loved all of it.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Yes.

I'm already over it. As long as they don't play Vertigo 10 times in a row tomorrow, or replace songs from Joshua Tree with Big Girls are Best, I'm sure I'll love every minute.

You will. I'm excited for you.

When they played The Missing Song Saturday night, the people around me in the $155 seats didn't know what the song was.

The people around me in the $70 seats with the obstructed view seemed not to know it but were still incredibly attentive and into it. I was fortunate, though, that I had great people around me both nights. Even the woman beside me Sunday accidentally doing the Elaine from Seinfeld dance didn't bother me since there were empty seats around us and we had room to spread out.

Setlist related:

Driving home after LA the following songs came on during a shuffle, in this order: ASOH, Simon & Garfunkel's America, a live version of Miss Sarajevo. I did not even know S&G were on my iPhone. That song has never popped up before. I got all teary-eyed.

Fuck, I am so high on the band right now. I listened to like six different live versions of Bullet on my way to work this morning. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I think my wife, who is also a fan and came happily with me on our excursion to Pasadena from Phoenix, is ready to have me committed.

I started in before this show about 2 months back. I found this site (well, I had known of it, but never dived in), downloaded a bunch of shows from the repository on U2Start that I never knew existed, and have pretty much been watching Rattle And Hum and Go Home and a Joshua Tree DVD I have from the LA show non-stop, and the car has been Joshua Tree and the live shows (I downloaded every one I have been to), and every time she drives my car, it is on. Now, post show, it is worse. I am obsessed with the live Red Hill and Exit. And playing Wide Awake in America a lot as well.

Oh, and I wore my tour shirt to work today (casual Friday and all). I never wear tour shirts...I think the last one I bought was Oingo Boingo Halloween 1988, and it is in a box with my wife's Joshua Tree tour shirt for safekeeping

I went ahead and did the inevitable - pre-ordered the 4-CD JT set to have it in my hot little hands next Friday. Price is currently below $100 on Amazon.

And then while I was there, I pre-ordered the deluxe Purple Rain release. :drool:

I went ahead and did the inevitable - pre-ordered the 4-CD JT set to have it in my hot little hands next Friday. Price is currently below $100 on Amazon.

And then while I was there, I pre-ordered the deluxe Purple Rain release. :drool:

Thinking about that one. Between JT, Sgt. Pepper, and OK Computer, it's been an expensive month already.

I did the exact same thing...except I ordered the 2 disc JT set.

But the Purple Rain thing...yup. I am going to give it to my wife for her birthday, which is a very Homer's bowling ball gift-type thing to do...

Reports that the tour is coming to New Zealand.

I will bet the house the only reason the setlist will be longer as they'll make Joshua Tree the encore and hoon through In A Little While 20 times first.

I've already told my partner that if they bring this stage setup that we will not line up for GA (hell you never have to) and we'll watch the actual show from where we can dig the screen.

Why are they doing Purple Rain when 2017 is the 30th anniversary of Sign O' The Times, which deserves a huge set?

Prince cooperated with this Purple Rain set before his death. There don't seem to be any legal issues with this one, the tracks are located (and remastered) and it's a logical choice as Purple Rain was Prince's biggest seller.
That said, I do hope a boxset of Sign O' The Times will follow soon (and if they keep it the same format as the PR set, then a Dream Factory super deluxe box with a gazillion CDs too).

Fingers crossed for some more R&H love if they do come this far south.

I wouldn't mind if they decide since it would be 20 years since PopMart came to Aus that after Pride the lights go down and Discotheque beings to play..

These floor people have no idea how much space is available on the other side of the stage. To be fair it felt like we went down 50 ramps to get in.

Back
Top Bottom