Shuttlecock XV: Seppos and the 42: Cobbler's Epic Fail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've noticed this same type of thing at other 'Cock shows. The songs I'm most excited for are the songs everyone around me sits down and zones out during. We have drastically different perspectives of what the band should be playing as mega fans than your average concert attendee. I recall losing my fucking mind when I heard Zooropa live, everyone around me was sitting and disinterested.
This is why I stick to GA always. The one show I was in seats for last tour, I lucked out because the people next to me were super fans as well, but there is definitely a different atmosphere there.
The shortness of the set is what is irritating me more to be honest. 21 songs? Come on, they can't even bother to pad it with Vertigo and a couple other throw-ins? Really?
This is basically how I'm feeling as well. It's the lack of songs, not the lack of a song I find most disappointing.

I have no idea how I would have felt if I'd give to rose bowl II only, but I suspect it would have been mildly upsetting but mostly amazing because they're still playing what they are and those songs are just an almost incomprehensible experience to find myself listening to live.

Guess ASOH is done and dusted. What a crying shame.

This is borderline criminal on their part..... I wasn't sure about the synth startup but man when Bono started "and you know it's time to go...." brought me back to my youth and the album/lyrics that made me a life long fan.... I'm going to really miss this as the set had a handful from my top ten and this song is top 4...

Last edited:
This is why I stick to GA always.

As much fun as I had with NSW in seats for the Vancouver show, after Seattle I told myself I need to stick with GA, because it makes everything so different (usually in amazing ways).

That being said, I remember enjoying the shit out of both I&E shows I saw in Vancouver from seats, so .... who knows how I'll feel with the next tour. Maybe I'll just change my priority for stadium shows to be GA.

That's why hanging in the back is the best - you can roam free and stretch/dance/jump/spin in circles as much as you want. ;)

Agree, although my view was better night 2 I didn't feel as comfortable being the lunatic I was night 1.

Still managed to soak everyone around me with my water bottle during Bad tho LOL

As far as the short set goes, it's a little disappointing but I haven't actually been there yet. Plus, 10/15/01 was maybe the best U2 show I've been to and it only had 19 songs.

The people around me on the fucking rail of all places didn't seem to know RHMT, Trip Through Your Wires, Exit or Mothers of the Disappeared and I felt awkward singing along to them. A couple of idiots got into a pointless argument over who was getting in the way of whom during Exit of all songs and I felt like throwing a bottle at their heads.

After tomorrow I'll have seen 7 shows across 3 tours and miss sarajevo played at all of them.

The song people are talking about that is now "omitted" is such a weird song structurally. Watching video of the first performance in Vancouver it's clear that there was a bit of confusion on Bono's part.

Bono was probably just like "Fuck it, that one's weird, let's not play it anymore."

The song people are talking about that is now "omitted" is such a weird song structurally. Watching video of the first performance in Vancouver it's clear that there was a bit of confusion on Bono's part.

Bono was probably just like "Fuck it, that one's weird, let's not play it anymore."

Went just fine at LA1. The arrangement was great. I think they dropped it because not everyone reacted to it like Sil.

Last edited:
The people around me on the fucking rail of all places didn't seem to know RHMT, Trip Through Your Wires, Exit or Mothers of the Disappeared and I felt awkward singing along to them. A couple of idiots got into a pointless argument over who was getting in the way of whom during Exit of all songs and I felt like throwing a bottle at their heads.

Oh man. At my first U2 show (4/9/01 in Calgary), a couple of drunk idiots kept stumbling into me during Bad. I almost did get into it with them, after they took offense to me elbowing them to get off of me after the 4th time. By the time they left me alone the song was about 2/3rds over. I was so fucking pissed.

Back
Top Bottom