Shuttlecock XV: Seppos and the 42: Cobbler's Epic Fail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I practically lived with a partner who had one and it was my first purchase (before cigarettes and sympathy booze) after the relationship ended. It's the only thing I know goes on trips with me, and that includes pants.

I imagine he'll be a bit crushed at the omission, but I cannot imagine anyone not having fun, enjoying that show. It's still fucking amazing as it is.

I'm going to milk it for all it's worth...just like Bono did that night he got those 9 precious hours.
you mean like that warm milk he drank before bed so he could get those nine hours? :wink:

I'm not spending $$ to jump on a plane to go to another show
ugh, if you'd done that, i would've said you should've to the dallas show (friday's totally a weekend, right? it is for me, at least) instead.

No, they will bring it back for me on Friday. My will be done.
god i hope so. i'll be disappointed if it's gone for good.

Does anyone here have good pics they took of the screen during the following songs? I was too busy focusing to take pics, haha.

Streets, RTSS, Bullet, Exit

I got pics during Streets but the red looks orange on my phone. And I didn't get any with the lights up.

I imagine he'll be a bit crushed at the omission, but I cannot imagine anyone not having fun, enjoying that show. It's still fucking amazing as it is.

Amen.

Maybe it's easy for me to say because the omission came after I had heard it twice but, I mean....it's very difficult for me to understand how anyone that even sort of still likes the band would not be excited for a show that includes JT being played in full along with the other songs on the setlist.

And, look, yeah, if I knew ASOH was played even one time, then I went to a show and it was dropped, I'd be disappointed but considering the reason this tour even exists and JT's deep meaning to me, I'd be more than fine. Fuck, they did not play it at Rose Bowl II and I still thought that show as great. And I think it's pretty obvious how much I adore ASOH...but yeah.

It's only a few shows in, but, between the people here that have seen it and commented on it and my coworkers and friends in LA that attended, not one person has had anything to say about it that was not overwhelmingly positive on the whole.

I do hope that the omission gets put back in but either way, the shows will be fantastic.

Well said. I'd be fucking devastated about the omission, still am, but the more time passes the more I can just look back on what was and count myself as one happy person to have seen something so special.

One omission, which may come back, who knows, if you ignore that and just focus on what was played, it's hard to complain in my opinion.

I do think joyful is kind of right though, the ~flow~ does seem a bit better going SBS>NYD>Pride>JT, but I'd still rather have ASOH. Shit I think the whole pre-JT mini-set could be done a hell of a lot better, like something along the lines of this would be utterly perfect in my view

IWF/OOC
Elec Co/Gloria
SBS
NYD
ASOH
Pride
Joshua Tree

MS
Bad

BD/COBL
Elevation/Vertigo
One
Ultraviolet
Little Things

But it's still a phenomenally good show as is. I urge everyone to try not to focus on what's missing and instead try to focus on what is, cos it's still bloody amazing :)

Once again, the band is oblivious to something good and gets rid of it.

Glad I saw an early show on this tour because I'd be going into any upcoming show with a bad taste in my mouth.

Fuck being grateful for what we are getting or any of that pablum. These guys are often clueless with shitty taste and prove it again and again.

It's infuriating how often they're oblivious to something good... but I just feel sorry for ya. I've come away from the gig feeling really positive and I'm not gonna let one omission ruin that.

I'm already over it. As long as they don't play Vertigo 10 times in a row tomorrow, or replace songs from Joshua Tree with Big Girls are Best, I'm sure I'll love every minute.

When they played The Missing Song Saturday night, the people around me in the $155 seats didn't know what the song was.

I've noticed this same type of thing at other 'Cock shows. The songs I'm most excited for are the songs everyone around me sits down and zones out during. We have drastically different perspectives of what the band should be playing as mega fans than your average concert attendee. I recall losing my fucking mind when I heard Zooropa live, everyone around me was sitting and disinterested.

Yup, people looked lost when they played Your Blue Room at the 360 show I was at. It would appear U2 are all about crowd reaction which is a shame because I really, really wanted to hear that song live but whatever... I'll get over it.

I think being disappointed that they dropped ASOH doesn't mean I'm not going to enjoy the show in 2 weeks. It's just... incomprehensible. The song makes so much fucking sense for this tour and they drop it after 3 performances? Fuck.

Back
Top Bottom