Shuttlecock XV: Seppos and the 42: Cobbler's Epic Fail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welp. I just saw Bono in person for the first time. Didn't talk to him or get a signature but... Holy shit. That was awesome.

Also, I love playing the game of trying to figure out what tours people have been to based on what songs they've seen played, y'all should try it

NSW you win. You are the U2 concert God.

Welp. I just saw Bono in person for the first time. Didn't talk to him or get a signature but... Holy shit. That was awesome.

Sweet! At Kimmel show I am assuming?

Ha. I'd say 69 songs in just 6 shows is actually pretty good. It helps that I saw those six shows over 5 different tours.

I've been to these shows:

360° Tour
2011-06-04 - Seattle, Washington, USA - Qwest Field (24 songs)

Innocence + Experience Tour
2015-05-14 - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - Rogers Arena (24 songs)
2015-05-15 - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - Rogers Arena (24 songs)

Joshua Tree Tour 2017
2017-05-12 - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - BC Place Stadium (22 songs)
2017-05-14 - Seattle, Washington, USA - CenturyLink Field (23 songs)

and have seen these songs live (not too shabby for someone who's only been old enough to go to concerts since 2010):

We found 54 different songs played during these shows.

Beautiful Day (5 times)
Pride (In The Name Of Love) (5 times)
Sunday Bloody Sunday (5 times)
Where The Streets Have No Name (5 times)
With Or Without You (5 times)
Bullet The Blue Sky (4 times)
I Will Follow (4 times)
One (4 times)
Elevation (3 times)
Even Better Than The Real Thing (3 times)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (3 times)
Miss Sarajevo (3 times)
Mysterious Ways (3 times)
Until The End Of The World (3 times)
Vertigo (3 times)
A Sort Of Homecoming (2 times)
Bad (2 times)
Cedarwood Road (2 times)
City Of Blinding Lights (2 times)
Every Breaking Wave (2 times)
Exit (2 times)
In God's Country (2 times)
Invisible (2 times)
Iris (Hold Me Close) (2 times)
Mothers Of The Disappeared (2 times)
New Year's Day (2 times)
One Tree Hill (2 times)
Raised By Wolves (2 times)
Red Hill Mining Town (2 times)
Running To Stand Still (2 times)
Song For Someone (2 times)
The Little Things That Give You Away (2 times)
The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone) (2 times)
Trip Through Your Wires (2 times)
Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (2 times)
All I Want Is You (1 time)
Angel Of Harlem (1 time)
California (There Is No End To Love) (1 time)
Desire (1 time)
Get On Your Boots (1 time)
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (1 time)
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (1 time)
Magnificent (1 time)
Miracle Drug (1 time)
MLK (1 time)
Moment Of Surrender (1 time)
Out Of Control (1 time)
Scarlet (1 time)
Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (1 time)
Sweetest Thing (1 time)
The Troubles (1 time)
Walk On (1 time)
When Love Comes To Town (1 time)
Zooropa (1 time)

Just had one of my first listens to War in a couple of years and I'm certain that U2 really, really need to bring Like a Song into the set. I know Larry probably wouldn't be on board with a song that involves actual effort on his part, but those lyrics are relevant as fuck.

Just had one of my first listens to War in a couple of years and I'm certain that U2 really, really need to bring Like a Song into the set. I know Larry probably wouldn't be on board with a song that involves actual effort on his part, but those lyrics are relevant as fuck.

sorry i couldn't....help it.....

Forget Larry, I'm not convinced Bono can deliver that song now. Not in technical terms, but in emotional terms. Can he really deliver the anger and the fire that the song demands?

Great song though, certainly one the live holy grails, probably, as far as B&C is concerned.

I would completely support this.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

From tonight's Kimmel performance:

I can't stop laughing at 2:33-2:36. What the fuck was Adam trying to play?

Are you guys buying the Joshua Tree box set? I don't feel like it has enough different from the version that came out a while back to justify it, but the fanboy inside of me feels ashamed to not get it. Still haven't preordered, not sure what I'll do. Lead me, guide me.

Relevance aside, that song just needs to be played at some point (at a show I am at) because it kicks ass.

Are you guys buying the Joshua Tree box set? I don't feel like it has enough different from the version that came out a while back to justify it, but the fanboy inside of me feels ashamed to not get it. Still haven't preordered, not sure what I'll do. Lead me, guide me.

I'm not.
Doesn't seem like enough new stuff for the extra cash.
Just seems like money that could be better spent elsewhere.

Yeah no way am I buying it. I'm waiting for the 50th anniversary reissue when they're finally out of other crap to include and put on the Heartland demo and She's a Mystery to Me.

I might be waiting until both the Joshua Tree and I are centenarians for U2's executors to use Womanfish for a cashgrab though.

I'm of the same opinion as you. I'll wait until I see a good deal somewhere to get it. But I'm in no hurry. The 20th anniversary boxset is still good (enough).

Back
Top Bottom