Shuttlecock XIX - send $40 now for your opportunity to not get a presale code

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we were supposed to re-enter the verified fan stuff for the general sale? I didn't get anything this morning :headdesk:. I am an idiot. I guess I just won't see them this tour, or I'll try and get a ticket from someone on Interference. What a disaster.

I did that separate TM thing.

It didn't matter, GA not available.

I didn't expect there to be, the GA area is not large on this tour and usually is already sold out by the time it gets to the general because of all the fan club shit.

I haven't even tried for tickets because I'm annoyed that they're putting the tickets on sale before we've had a chance to hear the album. I'm not sure they've done that since Pop.

I was teaching when Vegas tickets went on sale this morning. Just took a look on the AXS website, and there is nothing available unless you have a presale code.

So was there a general ticket sale at all for this show and I just missed it? Is it sold out? I can't figure this shit out at all.

Yes, general sale is today, but the whole thing is the "verified fan" thing, so you had to register for what shows you wanted to try for by the 18th. Then you either were selected to get a code, or not.

As it's not cc only this time for most venues, hopefully those shut out will be able to buy tickets from other fans later.

I got the one show and ticket I wanted, but am really disappointed at what a shitshow this is.

Glad they kept GA prices low, but charging 300+ for upper levels is ri-goddamned-diculous. I don't care if the screen this time levitates and gets set on fire and those seats give you the best view of it. GTFO of here with that.

Image1511210182.467479.jpg

Looks like I have to register for any ticket access at all. Verified subscriber, verified fan, Citi presale, U2 on sale, all with different registration deadlines and on sale dates. Not to mention I'm a subscriber already, but not a verified subscriber. What a circus.

He'll come back to tell us how good SOE is. Or at least how good the Schlongs of Sexperience titles are.

And wow I can't believe the ticketing mess. Only one extra show so far, Montreal. No extras yet in NYC, Chicago, Boston, wow. This must be the slowest U2 sales in a long time.

we should compile a list of all the times we've all been banned for the next time some newbie joins the forum just to whine about how the regulars are allowed to be negative assholes all the time without any consequences.

He'll come back to tell us how good SOE is. Or at least how good the Schlongs of Sexperience titles are.

And wow I can't believe the ticketing mess. Only one extra show so far, Montreal. No extras yet in NYC, Chicago, Boston, wow. This must be the slowest U2 sales in a long time.
i paid good money to see them in 2015 and again in 2017. i have no desire at all to pay even more and fight through this ticketing clusterfuck to see essentially the same show as 2015 with a few different new tracks again in a span of 3 years. and this is coming from someone who's probably in the top 5-10% of u2 fans so it's not surprising to me that sales would be slow for yet another north american tour. there just can't be that much demand.

they really should have kicked this off in asia/australia or at least europe first.

Cori, thank you for the clarification. Can't believe those prices. I've always defended U2 as a big act who kept ticket prices reasonable, but that's not cool at all.

i paid good money to see them in 2015 and again in 2017. i have no desire at all to pay even more and fight through this ticketing clusterfuck to see essentially the same show as 2015 with a few different new tracks again in a span of 3 years. and this is coming from someone who's probably in the top 5-10% of u2 fans so it's not surprising to me that sales would be slow for yet another north american tour. there just can't be that much demand.

they really should have kicked this off in asia/australia or at least europe first.

They could've done this much touring of North America after Beautiful Day or Vertigo, but they don't seem to realise it's not 2001-06 any more.

Their touring obsession with North America is starting to look just a bit dumb right now. Not a chance Europe would've sold slowly like this.

Their touring obsession with North America is starting to look just a bit dumb right now. Not a chance Europe would've sold slowly like this.

Well, there are still at least two presales/sales to go that require registration. Hard to tell for sure what is actually happening with ticket sales.

They could've done this much touring of North America after Beautiful Day or Vertigo, but they don't seem to realise it's not 2001-06 any more.

I think it's more to do with ridiculous prices than not enough people wanting to see one arena show per market

I think it's more to do with ridiculous prices than not enough people wanting to see one arena show per market

I've no doubt Europe would've sold even at these stupid prices. The IE and JT30 tours were by no means comprehensive.

But the whole Verified Fan thing is sure fucking over sales that's for sure. If even serious fans are hopping on this morning only to find they can't buy tickets because they didn't know to sign up for some silly thing days ago, how many casual fans must have thrown up their hands and decided they don't care that much?

I've no doubt Europe would've sold even at these stupid prices. The IE and JT30 tours were by no means comprehensive.

But the whole Verified Fan thing is sure fucking over sales that's for sure. If even serious fans are hopping on this morning only to find they can't buy tickets because they didn't know to sign up for some silly thing days ago, how many casual fans must have thrown up their hands and decided they don't care that much?
I mean, maybe... But I really want to go to shows, and I wouldn't pay $300 for upper deck seats if it came with a complimentary reach around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom