Shuttlecock XIX - send $40 now for your opportunity to not get a presale code

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your taste is ... one of a kind (ie fucking weird). Crowded House are awesome BECAUSE they can create songs like that and pull it off.
Fanny

Be less wrong next time. :tsk:

Can somebody C&P that interview here? I found it via google but it's behind a wall, they want me to register to read the damn thing. I'm not registering, even if it's free.

It's in this post: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...re-be-no-leak-puns-221714-95.html#post8222380

I get Bono's want for privacy, but being coy about this brush with death is going to send the fanbase even more nuts with speculation than if he just said "yeah, I nearly died because of X".

They're making a big fucking song and dance about this brush with death. If they don't want to go into details then why do they keep fucking bringing it up?

It's funny, you can tell just by looking at my RYM stats that 2015 is my favourite year of the past decade because it's actually one of the years from which I've listened to the fewest albums. I think it's just short of 250 albums, while 2010 and 2011 are both above 300 and this year is set to crack that mark too. That's because there are so many albums from 2015 that I fucking adore that I spent heaps of that year just playing them, and less time seeking out other stuff. 2017, on the other hand, hasn't been as strong, so with fewer albums I'm playing on repeat excessively, I've spent more time trying to find that album. You can tell I've fallen in love with Blood Command's album and Young Ejecta's latest single because I've not rated a whole lot of new stuff in the past week (it's kind of embarrassing that I've got about 80 scrobbles of Build a Fire in that period, but goddamn it's so good, miles ahead of Young Ejecta's previous work).

250+ is a smaller amount of albums?!

(Though I draw the line at Not the Girl You Think You Are, for which I reserve the same vitriol as Stand Up Comedy.)

I don't understand what it is about this song that could drive such a visceral reaction?

People have already guessed every medical reason except an ingrown toenail.

My favorite is the post that says "I hate to speculate" and then goes on the speculate wildly.

I'm okay with them saying that this incident informed the music, and I'm also okay with them keeping the details private. It's none of our business.

250+ is a smaller amount of albums?!

I guess it's a lot now that I look back on it. I don't feel like I'm usually churning through heaps of albums.

I don't understand what it is about this song that could drive such a visceral reaction?

Godawful lyrics sung badly with boring musical accompaniment. I've heard it twice in studio form and, I think, three times live. That's ten times too many.

Three things re: the article...

1. I see people are annoyed that he keeps bringing up this brush with death and not saying what it was. But the band has operated like this before. When Edge's daughter got sick at the beginning of the Vertigo tour, they never came out and said that. I think the official line may have been as vague as ''family emergency' or something like that. It's understandable. They have a right to privacy. I just take it as him wanting to explain his mindset for the album without giving too much of that right to privacy away.

2. He took a shot at Progressive rock. Again.

3. His explanation of Best Thing might give it a little more weight. "A song about an idiot". It's not just a dippy love song, but one about an idiot walking away from someone despite that person being the 'best thing'. Ok, so it won't fundamentally change anything about the song for a lot of people, but I thought it was interesting.

Godawful lyrics sung badly with boring musical accompaniment. I've heard it twice in studio form and, I think, three times live. That's ten times too many.

In the same way Two Shots of Happy has a boring accompaniment? It's a chill 3/4 lazy Sunday morning vibe. And the lyric is a little ambiguous but it's intriguing. It makes you wonder.
Or not. If your heart is made of stone...

In the same way Two Shots of Happy has a boring accompaniment? It's a chill 3/4 lazy Sunday morning vibe. And the lyric is a little ambiguous but it's intriguing. It makes you wonder.
Or not. If your heart is made of stone...

My heart is made of stone and I have no soul.

Now excuse me while I put on some black metal.

(Two Shots is a bit boring, yes.)

Charles Manson won't be stealing any more songs from the Beatles. Dead at 83

So I have been selected by hogwarts, but I have no idea which show I have been selected for, or is it a code for 4 tickets across any of the shows?

So I have been selected by hogwarts, but I have no idea which show I have been selected for, or is it a code for 4 tickets across any of the shows?

Yep I've.been deemed worthy as well- no idea how it works. I've not had a text or email code yet

Pulled up a Uniondale ticket in the 200s section for more than $100. I’ve already got a MSG ticket so I’ll wait until more dates are announced or until next leg for additional shows.

I guess we were supposed to re-enter the verified fan stuff for the general sale? I didn't get anything this morning :headdesk:. I am an idiot. I guess I just won't see them this tour, or I'll try and get a ticket from someone on Interference. What a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom