Shuttlecock XIX - send $40 now for your opportunity to not get a presale code

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh it's U2 ticket season again. :doh: I knew it was going off the rails when I saw my twitter feed Tuesday. A lot of fans didn't get codes and there was no reason given. Nice job TM.

The biggest reason is that it turns out that even subscribers were put into a lottery to get a code. So people paid 40/50 for the CHANCE to get a code. And nowhere in the fine print was this made clear.

That's the main thing. Then other fuckery about no (?) GAs being available for the second group presale today.

But mainly the first.
The reality is probably the same number of people who were able to get tickets in the presales before this verified fan thing are getting them... but it just looks much much worse this way.

Sometimes I want to post something really out of character and go off on someone just to see if Diemen will suspend me.

;)

The day Interference finally breaks cori is the day Interference is proper cooked.

Sometimes I want to post something really out of character and go off on someone just to see if Diemen will suspend me.

;)

I trusted you!

tenor.gif

Can we create a forum union and band together to ban the evil aristocrstic corporate capitalist mods?

Interesting re tour tickets - a month or so back there was incredulity on this site re ANOTHER US tour. Saturated the marketplace, Europe first yadayada.
Turns out there's fucking enormous demand. The band are doing something right!

They should still be doing Europe and the rest of the world first.

But hey, no ticket-buying stress for me!

The reality is probably the same number of people who were able to get tickets in the presales before this verified fan thing are getting them... but it just looks much much worse this way.

But at least in the past everyone got to try the presales. If you didn't get what you wanted that was a risk that was known. Not being given the opportunity to try for $40 or $50 is a next level slap in the face to 10% or whatever of your customer base.

But at least in the past everyone got to try the presales. If you didn't get what you wanted that was a risk that was known. Not being given the opportunity to try for $40 or $50 is a next level slap in the face to 10% or whatever of your customer base.
Oh I agree it's worse, this why I said it's worse ;)

But reality is it's probably the same number.

Yea... The process seems to be easier for those who got codes (and knew to look)... but they lost the perception of opportunity with the lottery.

It's not as if there weren't people last time through who didn't get tickets in the presale... but they at least thought it was because of volume and not a random lottery.

I think that live nation and Ticketmaster are on to something with this system... they just need to tweak it.

Plus U2.com (and by extension Live Nation) did a piss poor job of communicating the process ahead of time... which has become par for the course for them.

If never failed to get GA tickets since I've been a Propaganda/U2.com member. When it was by mail I may have lost my first choice of city and given tickets to a back-up location, but never empty-handed.

So either I was really lucky, or this new system is legitimately fucked.

So “fans” are able to sell/trade tickets with this new system?

Have registered for the shows I’m interested in, looks like each confirmation email doesn’t say which show is which.

Zootopia mods are collecting info in a thread of people who had issues. I also had Ticketmaster reply to one of my tweets and ask me to DM them my information/issue. I let them know I was fine, just speaking up in general, but I'm glad to hear there is (what seems like) an attempt to try and help or fix things.

Ok just heard American Soul as its up on Spotify. What a mess :(

It’s better than the first two singles (which isn’t saying much).

There’s a good song in there somewhere, but it’s mired in awful lyrics, and a completely nonsensical structure. There’s about five different songs in there.

1/4 so far.

It's one of the most disappointing songs in a long time, because it doesn't have to be this bad. The intro is good. The rhythm section are nailing that first verse and Edge is ok, though boring.
But the lyrics. It's impossible to get past them. They're not just run of the mill Bono cliches. I think they're the cringiest lyrics he's ever put on an album.

Forget the rest of the song. It's like being asked if you kissed a girl who had just done a spot of coprophagia. Wouldn't matter how much you valued her in other respects. If she's got shit on her lips you're going to stop right there.

This is Bono doing coprophagia.

You're all going to refu-hell for badmouthing refu-jesus like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom