Shuttlecock XIV: Bono the Vampire Slayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Add Gone or Discotheque and I'd have no probs with that at all.

It's funny some people think the crowd will fall asleep as soon as Bullet finishes because they don't know the other seven songs on the album. The Ocean opening the set again would be a good counter to this.

Last edited:
Good call. Change it to this (immediately unlikely since apparently they consider Pop to be a bastard child)

The Ocean
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
I Will Follow / Out of Control / Gloria / Two Hearts Beat as One (alternating)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day / Drowning Man (alternating)
A Sort of Homecoming / Bad (alternating)
THE JOSHUA TREE
All I Want is You

Zoo Station
The Fly /Until the End of the World / Even Better than the Real Thing / Mysterious Ways (alternating)
Gone / Please (alternating)
One

~upbeat new rocker~
Vertigo / Elevation / Desire (alternating)
Beautiful Day / Every Breaking Wave / Pride (alternating)

^ they play that and I'd fucking cum.

I'm also expecting an Achtung Baby section straight after The Joshua Tree. Really hope they play Zoo Station immediately after MOTD.

1. I doubt they would open with The Ocean in a stadium show. Way different from a tiny club like The Roxy. If it does appear, it will be as a coda to something else like it appeared on the Vertigo tour.

2. More songs from Shuttle & Bum are likely, and you only have two. I think they're going to take the opportunity to explore this era a little more and something like Heartland is a possibility.

3. If you think we're only getting 1 track from ATYCLB you're fucking crazy.

I would just like to stop in and say how fucking irritating trying to buy tickets for the Philly show is. It's going to cost me hundreds of dollars if I end up going. What a crock of shit.

Anyway.

The difference between Peef's travelling to get to the show and yours is the same as the likely difference in setlists...

no Fly

:wink:

I have never spent more than $55 on a concert ticket in my life, the idea of having to pay $250-300 for a ticket is fucking insane to me.

In case you don't want to wade through the crap in the rehearsals thread...

A new song, Ultraviolet and Miss Sarajevo are the surprising bits.

Yawn. Give us something we didn't hear
two tours ago

Seriously. I'm pissed about Ultra Violet because of personal preferences, but I can kind of accept it more broadly in that it wasn't played every night of 360 and that's the only time it has been done since 1993. But Miss Sarajevo? It's been done heavily across two tours and should continue its rest.

Though do we need to be using the spoiler tag in this thread?

Though do we need to be using the spoiler tag in this thread?
There are some folks (ironically enough laz being one) who have stated they want to try and go into their shows without set list knowledge, so maybe we should.
OMG they just rehearsed Acrobat, Like a Song and Tomorrow!
not

I'm peeking early on because I don't expect any surprises yet. But I definitely plan to withdraw soon.

I think we should prob keep the spoiler tags. Because once the shows start, we should be able to discuss the shows with others who have seen them and not make this a thread the rest of us are afraid to go into.

It's not as if anything else is going to happen in U2 world for the near future though. If you're coming into this thread it's very likely to be to talk about the tour.

Back
Top Bottom