Shuttlecock XIV: Bono the Vampire Slayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I walked past a TGI Friday's at the precise, exact moment when The Miracle was being played.

i decided last night that i'm going to sell my tickets. i'm getting less and less interested in going the closer the show gets and i could really use that money for something far more practical than one night out. lucky for me i used a prepaid card so it'll be easy for me to just hand that off to whoever buys them. hopefully by the time they come back to town again i'll have a bit more disposable income so that it won't make as much of a dent in my budget.

sign of the times of my u2-fandom, i guess. :shrug:

Meanwhile, I listened to the Joshua Tree the other night and am more excited than ever for this gig. I love Running to Stand Still and Red Hill Mining Town so much.

i decided last night that i'm going to sell my tickets. i'm getting less and less interested in going the closer the show gets and i could really use that money for something far more practical than one night out. lucky for me i used a prepaid card so it'll be easy for me to just hand that off to whoever buys them. hopefully by the time they come back to town again i'll have a bit more disposable income so that it won't make as much of a dent in my budget.

sign of the times of my u2-fandom, i guess. :shrug:

I'm considering flying from Australia for the LA gig.

Why the hell would you pass up likely your only chance to hear songs from Side B of JT live! I'd much rather take those than a future tour of, fuck I don't know, Song for Someone Else and The Miracle (of Dee Dee Ramone).

because i'm fucking broke and paying rent kinda takes precedence over hearing exit live, if i'm being perfectly honest.

how-clowns-work-orig.jpg

As mentioned in the other place. The U2 Facebook page posted a clip of In God's Country filmed during the Streets video shoot. That's the stuff that needs to come out of the vaults to see the light of day. I've only seen bad quality bootleg footage filmed by camcorder over the years of the other songs performed that day.

Yeah it would be also great to see/hear an official version of how that song was actually played the night of. What we've been seeing all these years on R&H is an edit. A well-done edit, but still...not how they actually played it.

Seems Larry was on board with it though.

View attachment 11153

At least you didn't post another lame meme attempt with that tired image you redundantly use. That's something I guess...

Not much, but something.

It is pretty comical. I counted around twenty lies and distortions posted about me on this board. Yet I defend myself from someone needlessly and casually mocking me by posting something true...and it's an "oh my" moment.

This place is like a bar where the regulars are mad because they know they're not gonna get laid that night...so they're looking for someone to sucker punch.

It's not gonna be me.

I don't think you even care that you're ruining it for a lot of good and kind people who love U2. I can't tell you how many PM's I've received from people who say that they don't even post here anymore because of how nasty some of the regulars are. You're even running new fans / members off the forums entirely.

Stand upright and stop walking on your knuckles.

:wave:

Last edited:
At least you didn't post another lame meme attempt with that tired image you redundantly use. That's something I guess...

Not much, but something.

It is pretty comical. I counted around twenty lies and distortions posted about me on this board. Yet I defend myself from someone needlessly and casually mocking me by posting something true...and it's an "oh my" moment.

This place is like a bar where the regulars are mad because they know they're not gonna get laid that night...so they're looking for someone to sucker punch.

It's not gonna be me.

I don't think you even care that you're ruining it for a lot of good and kind people who love U2. I can't tell you how many PM's I've received from people who say that they don't even post here anymore because of how nasty some of the regulars are. You're even running new fans / members off the forums entirely.

Stand upright and stop walking on your knuckles.

:wave:

This is fake news

Hey. I didn't say anything. The only Tatyana I care about is Tatyana M. Ali from THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR.

Holy shit! I've never stepped into Shuttlecock land. The list of posters in here is an All Star cast. It's in Bang and Clatter. Dare I ask what the theme of the thread is supposed to be?

Back
Top Bottom