Shuttlecock XIV: Bono the Vampire Slayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interview in the March issue of Q magazine with Adam and Edge about Songs of Experience.

There is a reference to "shifting sands" following the US election and the band moved away from a spring release to one later in the year.

If this is the case, and it is also true that they had a bunch of material ready to go that now has been shelved, why the hell not release an EP or something? I'll never understand that about the band. The Raveonettes last year released a new song every month in anticipation of an album this year - why can't U2 do something similar with all of these supposed leftovers? EPs are almost never received with critical scrutiny, so what's to lose?

Re RHMT. Much of the song is at the top of his range ... and if I recall correctly, it would be tough to sing. And that was back then, so nowadays it would be tough to pull off as originally written.

Although Still Haven't Found in the album version is way up there as well. He sang it on the JT tour, but his voice also crapped out a lot on the tour, so ... yeah.

Is it a bunch of BS and an excuse not to sing it? Maybe. But both songs are pretty high. I can't belt them, have to use my "head voice" for the higher bits (and that's almost all of Still Haven't Found), so there's that irrelevant anecdotal information.

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app

I feel like the range was a reason for the JT tour, given that they just recorded it. Then it just fell by the wayside like most songs do for subsequent tours. They can easily drop it a key or two now.

Just a random question: how old do the band members have to get before people stop calling them "the Lads"?

Has your taste in Pans changed at all?

Non-stick, per usual.

Hey man! Nice to see you.

Hey! Likewise!

Maybe "Red Hill Mining Town" will get the acoustic treatment? There's not a chance in hell that track will get the full-blown treatment, especially if they couldn't reach that at the time.

I wonder how many B-sides, if any, will pop up along the way, too. "Luminous Times" or "Silver and Gold" would be :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Is there a rule that says that a singer has to absolutely sing live in the exact key and range that a particular song is on record?

I mean, I understand people would prefer to hear a song like they know it on an album, but it's not the end of the world if a band has a new arrangement for a live setting. If U2 had wanted to play RHMT before this year they would have. :shrug:

Is there a rule that says that a singer has to absolutely sing live in the exact key and range that a particular song is on record?

I mean, I understand people would prefer to hear a song like they know it on an album, but it's not the end of the world if a band has a new arrangement for a live setting. If U2 had wanted to play RHMT before this year they would have. :shrug:

Robert Plant has been doing that for decades

About 45 minutes left in the current Non-Album Song poll. After correcting for a mistaken vote, Stateless is currently on the chopping block with 6 votes, with Mercy behind it with 5 votes.

If you want to make a difference, vote while you still can!

reading this thread made me think i was probably not even getting in the stadium going through the public sale, but i easily got 2 GAs for toronto, sailed thru it all shockingly easily.

my girl knows basically nothing about u2 other than that they exist and were once the most popular band on the planet and she can recognize beautiful day when it comes on in the grocery store. i asked her if she wanted to come and she kinda shrugged, then when i said the lumineers were opening she got real excited and insisted i get us tickets (nobody's perfect :slant: ). but she has absolutely no idea what she's in for as far as the u2 part of the show goes. i'm debating whether or not to show her UABRS and/or zooTV in sydney before the concert, or if it would be more fun to see her reaction (i know she's going to love it) having no idea of what's coming.

Last edited:
I got 2 GAs for Philly.

Assuming "GAX25" is a run-of-the-mill GA ticket. I got confused because when I searched for GAs, it said no tickets of that type were available, but here's 2 GAX25's for the same exact GA price. So I was like, 'well those look like GA tix to me'.

So assuming GAX25 is in fact GA, psyched I got in!

As an aside, I'm always amazed that with all of the technology we have, the TM model is still the best we can do as far as first-sale concert tickets online.

yea mine are listed as "GA10" tickets. there weren't any other options for GA so it must be just some internal ticketmaster or venue code.

Forgot about the ticket sale today. Just checked Stubhub and GA tickets are going for $220 minimum. Guess I'm missing this one.

Yeah I couldn't get any Rose Bowl GA. Looks like the entire stadium was sold out about 7 minutes in to the public sale.

Plenty still left in Tampa. Able to pull up GA there. May have to go that show instead.

Edit: Same with Miami. Rose Bowl demand must have been way higher than some of the other cities

Last edited:
About 45 minutes left in the current Non-Album Song poll. After correcting for a mistaken vote, Stateless is currently on the chopping block with 6 votes, with Mercy behind it with 5 votes.

If you want to make a difference, vote while you still can!

Mercy now on the verge of being eliminated by fucking Electrical Storm.

Help us, Cock Force. You're our only hope.

Chicago 2nd show just added. Glad I didn't grab that Hollywood Bowl ticket that popped up. I'd rather see the two shows in Chicago and call it a day.

Radiohead and U2 tickets on sale the same week. :crazy:

Very happy Radiohead is coming to Seattle. Hope tix aren't too pricey.

None of my coworkers got tickets this morning, but I'm not surprised - most of them were looking for 3-4 seats together. That always makes it tougher. I'll watch for word of drops and keep them in the loop.

Back
Top Bottom