Shuttlecock XIV: Bono the Vampire Slayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So can someone please give me a quick rundown of what is happening today? I didn't renew my subscription last year, so I have a "new" one. When am I to buy tickets and where the f is my presale code? :panic:

OK, wait, I found the presale code and what group I'm in. Now I just need presale time lists. Phew, feeling a lot more relieved.

EDIT: Posted before I saw ELFA's post. Thanks a lot! That's the info I needed.

If you have a new subscription, you probably have to wait till tomorrow.
Log in to your U2.com account and look in your info, code will be here. If you are in Red Hill group( code will start U2JTA...), presale is today, if you are in Wires group (code will start U2JTB....), presale is tomorrow at 9:00 AM

That's not so bad. I really did mean to keep the subscription current, but it's easy to forget about something after a year of waiting to do it :doh:.

Got 4 GA tix for the Rose Bowl in less than 5 minutes after it started.

$70 per ticket plus $15 in fees.

Considering they're the best tickets, that's still a great price. Did it go up at all from i&e?

I'm going to rent a 87 Pontiac firebird for the day of the Rose Bowl show and listen to TJT on cassette while driving to the Bowl to get that authentic feel of the era. 'Cept I was 10 when TJT tour was in full swing so probably no. I won't do that.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

For the tickets
You saw us comin round
We were plunking down
We were plunking down

Still waiting
Still in vain
For U2 to get their shit together again
I was broke and I needed money
For the tickets plus fees it's a hundred

Bono
Bono is the devil
He's so thirsty
For our hard earned cash

U2...I'm waiting for U2
U2...don't play acoustic 'Desire'
Or I'll set you on fire

Last edited:
One of my indie/hipster friends already asked for a ticket. I was like "I'm surprised you're not a hater like everyone else" and she said "well their recent stuff sucks but that album is iconic!"

One of my indie/hipster friends already asked for a ticket. I was like "I'm surprised you're not a hater like everyone else" and she said "well their recent stuff sucks but that album is iconic!"
I think there'll be a lot of folks who will go to see this tour who might skip seeing them tour for SOE.

A friend of mine wondered if they're going to play The Joshua Tree IN Joshua Tree, and said they hope tickets go on sale for Pappy & Harriet's.

I mean, if Macca was willing to play there...

Should I get a subscription for tomorrow? Or do I try my luck in general sales? Decisions decisions.

Should I get a subscription for tomorrow? Or do I try my luck in general sales? Decisions decisions.

Don't you want your mystery subscriber gift?

It could be a deck of U2 trading cards with mostly Paul McGuinness duplicates. Or Joshua Tree on cassette.

Edge said in the RS interview that Streets might not necessarily open the show.

I think he meant they may play other non-JT songs before it, but he seemed to be clear that the album would be played in sequence.

What I want is a Joshua Tree tour-style setlist with a similar order, only no album tracks are omitted.

What I fear we'll get is I+E with Joshua Tree stuck in the middle.

Last edited:
I think he meant they may play other non-JT songs before it, but he seemed to be clear that the album would be played in sequence.

This. I posted my thoughts in a thread in The Other Place, but basically you don't want to blow your load right at the beginning. The full album is the big selling point so to do it right off the bat doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You want to build up excitement to that part of the show. I'd also argue that with an arena crowd you want to have some fun before getting all heavy/serious with the JT material.

What I want is a Joshua Tree tour-style setlist with a similar order, only no album tracks are omitted.

That's not going to happen. The band isn't going to ignore 25 years of material so they can pretend they're playing a show in 1988. If this tour is some kind of concession to the mainstream, to remind the larger audience how important they are/were, they're going to be playing hits from the 90s and 00s as well.

As for changing the running order, I doubt that at as well. And it would kind of be false advertising at this point. "We're playing the whole album...but in a different order!" That might work with some smaller bands, but not with them, and not with such an iconic album.

Can you imagine the atmosphere among hardcore fans once they get to RTSS? That RTSS->RHMT -> IGC sequence will be incredible. And then OTH -> Exit a bit later.

I said this earlier, but I hope they also look at the JT era arrangements for some of these songs. The extended WOWY solo would be incredible to hear. Streets should have that long intro that was cut short in the past show.

Now, can you imagine if they decide to do Red Hill Mining Town, In God's Country and Trip Through Your Wires as acoustic numbers in the B-stages. You know this will be discussed by the band at some point, right?

Though there have been running orders with the b-sides included floating around for decades. Most common one being...

Streets
Silver and Gild
Still
Spanish Eyes
WOWY
Luminous Times
WTTW
Bullet
RTSS
Race
RHMT
IGC
Trip
Sweetest
OTH
Exit
Deep In The Heart
MOTD

But the idea of them doing that is fantasy.

Being more realistic though, I'd think they could at least dig out Spanish Eyes, Silver And Gold, and Sweetest Thing, since those are tracks they've played live many times, and especially since Spanish Eyes and Sweetest Thing don't seem particularly difficult to play for them.

I'm also holding out hope that they'll give a nod to Pop's anniversary by playing at least two or three tracks. Three out of Discotheque/SATS/Gone/Please/Mofo.

It would really irk me if they just refuse to acknowledge Pop's 20th at all.

Now, can you imagine if they decide to do Red Hill Mining Town, In God's Country and Trip Through Your Wires as acoustic numbers in the B-stages. You know this will be discussed by the band at some point, right?

I hope they don't do that, just so I won't have to endure the shitstorm here.

Man, one of my most anticipated moments of this show is full band electric In God's Country. An acoustic set would suck.

Back
Top Bottom