Shuttlecock XIV: Bono the Vampire Slayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cobbler, venues typically hold back a number of tickets for big shows and release them closer to the date, sometimes a day or two before. It's usually done as an anti-scalper measure, but sometimes​ tickets are released once the stage is setup and the venue sees how many more seats can be added.

What is a ticket drop? They don't do them here. And how can I be alerted to them?

As BoMac stated its tickets that are put up for sale late, within a few days before the show. They pretty much always happen, and will definitely happen with these stadium shows once they have the stage configuration ironed out.
Basically you need to check Ticketmaster regularly as the show approaches. There will be folks who will post here when they see them happen (we already have had some GA tix for Seattle drop and folks posted about them on interference).

@U2 uploaded some cool Zoo TV era MTV news clips which makes me nostalgic for the days of being 14 and watching MTV and getting bits and pieces of news in between videos. Life before the net was cool.

What is a ticket drop?

It's where Ticketmaster takes a handful of tickets and hides them in candy bars. Will you be one of the lucky ones to find a Willy Bono Golden Ticket?

You'll be in a world of Irish bloviationnnnnn

I hope he replies "no but it's good exposure" to my question, I will end him

Nah. I understand the sentiment and am 100% on board with it for a content-driven website, but that rant shouldn't be directed towards a volunteer-run fan site that probably barely makes enough from ads/subscriptions to keep it going.

Last edited:
Yeah, and let's be honest, when was the last we read something off the news content? Only when a post is made in eykiw do I remember it has original content. Now if they hired that redhill guy, that might change ;)

Now if they hired that redhill guy, that might change ;)

At the very least he should head over to Pleba and dazzle us with some U2 fanfic.

Larry's Not On Board

Chapter 1.
Larry scowled when Bono asked him about rehearsing old songs for the upcoming greatest hits tour...

At the very least he should head over to Pleba and dazzle us with some U2 fanfic.

Larry's Not On Board

Chapter 1.
Larry scowled when Bono asked him about rehearsing old songs for the upcoming greatest hits tour...

chapter 2

after foolishly falling asleep on the sofa after his lunch lasagna, he awoke with a start. checking his watch, he decided he could still make it. rushing out the door, leaving a trail of destruction, he ran as fast as his wee irish legs could carry him. winded, red-faced and sweating through the streets, this was a man determined to reach his objective no matter what stood in his way. he rounded the last corner after what seemed like forever, and there it was! he was about to make it! but alas. he arrived at the edge of the pier, just a moment too late. adam's yacht had barely slipped away from its mooring, but it had departed. the boat was full of nudity, cocaine, his bandmates, and the greatest party mankind has ever thrown. and with rage in his eyes and hatred in his heart, larry swore he would never be on board again.

Last edited:
You would think there couldn't be a meme more irritating than "is Bono okay?" or "Edge is on fire." And yet here it is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom