Shuttlecock XIII - Super Deluxe Edition with T-Shirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, yeah I know. Interference would be good, but @U2 would be the same. But if we go to U2Start, it would be different, but it might not be as good. It's a gamble. I get it.

Hey, I genuinely have felt at times that it's the best track on ATYCLB. It's not U2's greatest track, but it's not like the thread was saying All Because Of You or Boots or something was their greatest track.

well yea i agree, it's probably the best song on atyclb. that still means there are dozens of songs ahead of it on the list.

Hey, I genuinely have felt at times that it's the best track on ATYCLB. It's not U2's greatest track, but it's not like the thread was saying All Because Of You or Boots or something was their greatest track.

It's still ludicrous. The song has passion and a nice lyric, but musically it's really not interesting in the slightest. Even One, which is the tamest song on AB, has a lot more going on in that department.

The live version of Kite from Australia, minus that weird Cate Blanchett shout out, is absolutely phenomenal, in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Fukkin Cate Blanchett.

I didn't want to be a prick about it - this time - but I wouldn't even put Kite in the top 100 U2 songs, let alone best on ATYCLB (I'll take New York, Beautiful Day or even In A Little While any day).

I'll take Kite over most of ATYCLB, but given the only great song from that era is The Ground Beneath Her Feet, that's not saying much.

I like Kite a lot. Wish it had a stronger ending though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New York has some bite to it, and it's one of the few songs from that period that do. I've always had a certain amount of time for it, although it's not lost on me that both it and In A Little While make everyone else's most-hated lists. It is what it is...

I think the studio version of IALW is phenomenal; it's a shame that being overplayed live has led to an overall distaste for the song.

New York isn't as raw as it should be, and really improved in the live format. It's also weak for its showstopping place as the penultimate track. When I Look At The World should have more power to it as well, but fits much better in that spot as it did in the original pre-release track order.

What was the original track order?

Beautiful Day
Elevation
Walk On
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Peace On Earth
Kite
New York
In A Little While
Wild Honey
When I Look At The World
Grace