Shuttlecock XIII - Super Deluxe Edition with T-Shirt - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 08:10 AM   #706
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:14 AM
Want to see those posts.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:17 AM   #707
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 07:14 AM
Shuttlecock XIII - Super Deluxe Edition with T-Shirt

I'm such a liar tho. I included FBB in my post about tracks I skip solely to get a rise out of Laz

;winkeyface;

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Well when you see some say this one day and then something completely opposite sometime later you start to question that sincerity

Maybe they just started liking/hating it recently or got sick of it. People's tastes shift right?

Not mine though. I still think LOLcano is dreadful

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

Old 09-14-2016, 08:24 AM   #708
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:14 AM
I know this much. My opinions are so much better than those from "The Other Plaaaaaaaccceee"
Old 09-14-2016, 08:33 AM   #709
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I've noticed there are those that will bash the current album until the new one comes out; then they'll relax their stance in order to rip apart the new songs. So much so that if you placed their posts side by side about certain songs it would be obvious they were just trying to get a rise or it's just easier to take the 'he/she/they don't have it anymore' stance.
People's views can change over time. I used to think Zooropa was really out there experimentally 10 years ago, and then as I delved into other genres and acts, I realized it was actually pretty tame, though still full of great songs. If an album doesn't have staying power, I fail to see how that is somehow the listener's fault.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:35 AM   #710
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
I wonder how ripped to shreds Zooropa and Pop would get by people on here if this site had been around for 10-15 years when they first came out. It just seems so cool to trash on songs (or movies, or tv shows, etc.) people consider to be their favorites. I never quite see it about the arts as harshly as I do on here though. At least not with anyone I might ever consider a friend on any other site I visit (including social media). And I don't mean interference in general - I mean Lemonade Stand.
Would you rather everything U2 related be a Rolling Stone-esque five-star rave?
Old 09-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #711
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
Want to see those posts.

Nah, but if you pay attention you'll see it quite a bit. I have a near photographic memory, so I'll remember the oddest of things. But I've seen a poster come out and bash a movie calling it frozen and then when the next one comes out they'll say this was horrible it lacks the character development of the last one. Or completely tear apart a song then later agree with someone saying 'yeah I don't understand the bashing of this song...' when it's safe to say so.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:52 AM   #712
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
People's views can change over time. I used to think Zooropa was really out there experimentally 10 years ago, and then as I delved into other genres and acts, I realized it was actually pretty tame, though still full of great songs. If an album doesn't have staying power, I fail to see how that is somehow the listener's fault.

Oh I completely understand this, I'm talking about the ones that are not organic in nature and seem to happen overnight once there is new material to not like.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:32 AM   #713
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:14 PM
I personally am relatively consistent I think, not that anyone's asking. I pegged HTDAAB as disastrous about five minutes after it came out and have seen no reason to revise that view. I think there's about half of a quite interesting album buried in NLOTH, although outside of Moment of Surrender and Cedars of Lebanon, maybe the title track also, I find there to be a worrying aimlessness to Bono's lyrics there. SOI I get what they were doing and it doesn't really interest me. A 'where we came from' tribute/retrospective thirty five years after the fact, much of it ultra-glossy and airbrushed in a way that the music they were hearing back then was not. A few pretty good songs but not where I feel that I want to see this band, and not giving me much hope for the future.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:49 AM   #714
Blue Crack Addict

If that's what they're doing on SOI it's notable how much better R.E.M. did it with their last album.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:05 AM   #715
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Where I will agree to an extent with BVS is there is a tendency to talk about decent albums as though they are complete and utter garbage. I think SoI at worst estimation is simply inoffensive, but some will look at it as an affront to music.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:45 AM   #716
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:14 PM
Possibly the harshness of some of that comes from a sense, and i'm just guessing here, that merely inoffensive is, for a band of U2's stature, kind of an affront to music.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:00 AM   #717
Blue Crack Addict

It's just disappointing more than anything, to see such a good and innovative (for so long) band start turning in "Old Rock Band in their 3rd/4th Decade" kind of efforts. At least to me. ATYCLB is their last truly great album to my ears before they all started to sound a little desperate or out of touch. Though to be fair, No Line is the only album of the last three I'd call outright bad.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:01 AM   #718
Blue Crack Addict

Have been listening to POP a lot strangely the past couple days. Such greatness in there.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:11 AM   #719
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:14 AM
Oh good, we've already moved on to the "people who don't like later day U2 must be doing it to be contrarian" bullshit.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #720
Refugee

Local Time: 11:14 PM
For me the thing about post-Pop U2 is I generally find enough to like on each album, but I tend to think about those albums as a whole (even if they're more a 'collection of songs' as opposed to a cohesive album), rather than identifying how much I like a particular song. I'd rate about half of SoI + Invisible and Crystal Ballroom as great individual songs, so that's a definite improvement over the previous 3 albums. The original 'leaked' version of Mercy is still unabashedly my favourite thing that U2 have done since Pop.