Shuttlecock XIII - Super Deluxe Edition with T-Shirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I get what you're saying as far as he could have reduced the line, but it's not exactly a redundancy line like the atm line. The 'at the moment' isn't exactly superfluous. In theologian speak, there's a lot of discussion about the story of the birth of Jesus, and if "the three wise men" actually showed up at the moment of the birth, or after they heard about the birth. And that might seem like a small detail, but it's not. It puts to question the whole nativity scene.

The "at the moment" is an important part of the lyric, he's trying to express that he was there to witness it, not just a disciple afterwards.

I'm sorry, yes we know about Bono's frequent religious allusions, but this really feels like a stretch. Over-reaching for an over-written song. :wink:

I was punching in the numbers at the moment when the ATM machine occurred
Everything I ever lost
Now has been returned
In the most beautiful bank error in my favour I'd ever heard

I'm less hung up on a random lyric than that a supposed tribute to the revelatory influence of the Ramones on Bono or U2 (or both) bears not a hint of anyone in the room even knowing what the Ramones sounded like. Not that U2 ever sounded like them in the slightest. I hear more Joy Division in U2 than I do Ramones.

Well, I'd say it's more a tribute to what the Ramones meant to them and inspired in them than it is a tribute to what the Ramones sounded like. :shrug:

I'm sorry, yes we know about Bono's frequent religious allusions, but this really feels like a stretch. Over-reaching for an over-written song. :wink:
agreed. i'm with you, i think bono's lyrics (and song titles tbh) have gotten too long. he's trying to squeeze too much into too little space. it makes it really clunky. if the "at the moment" part is really that important, then he should've split it into two lines. regardless, it's such a weird thing for a singalong chorus anyway. not that the chorus for vertigo made any sense, but at least its call-and-response made for a good singalong.

I was punching in the numbers at the moment when the ATM machine occurred
Everything I ever lost
Now has been returned
In the most beautiful bank error in my favour I'd ever heard
perfect.

ksmyvu08prvjcdjl6nz5_zps3t78npnl.gif

I don't know. Nobody was expecting a full album when SOI was dropped, so who knows?

Though if they go that route again, one hopes they execute it better this time.

What's changed since three weeks ago when people were saying this was going to happen soon? I never believed it, but I'm curious about why the mood is different now.

Rolling Stone had a blurb that a "band spokesperson" said "no album until 2017."

I think that was it.

Also Registered Dude said his sauce had some ominous news that if no new music by today, they'd cancel iHeart gig.
He thinks his sauce may have gotten bad intel.

And apparently it's Trump's fault we didn't get any tour this year. Man that motherfucker ruins everything. Making nothing great ever 2016

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The songs were on Hillarys server but then they erased. A sauce tells me Guccifer 2 has them and has sold them to Putin, who is currently spinning the album on repeat at his Black Sea beach villa. So beach clips are still possible.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's a fake-out, obviously. That's U2 for ya.

I love that now any negative news can now simply be explained away as "misdirection".

Interference, U2 don't give half enough shits about you to do that intentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom