Shearwater - The Golden Archipelago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They toured with both SVE and St. Vinny last year. "All I Can" and "Just the Same But Brand New" please, Meiburg.

In other Shearwater news:

On a last-minute whim, covered Bowie's "Absolute Beginners" solo on the radio this morning, and only realized just before I played it how suitable (?) it was for Valentine's Day. I think the song itself is really genuine and sweet, but as usual with DB there's a dash of salt in there, too. If the recording turns out well I'll post it. (JM)

Dude, these guys have got to slow down, that's an intense amount of releases in such a short time.

Sweet. Not sure if I'm really craving anything new from them, but I'm sure it will be good.

Since Animal Joy was one of my favourite albums last year, I'll do the craving.

I'm assuming it's the covers collection, not an album, based on his wording.

I totally forgot I have the blood red copy of Animal Joy until just now. I bought it on such a whim that it kinda flew past me that I got it at all.

From Shearwater's Facebook page in response to a question regarding whether the album would be original songs or covers:

"the answer is sort of both. It's the Fellow Travelers record. But it's not much like what you'd think of as a 'covers' record....more to be revealed soon."

I totally forgot I have the blood red copy of Animal Joy until just now. I bought it on such a whim that it kinda flew past me that I got it at all.

That's like something we would make fun of NSW for doing.

"Oh yeah I forgot I bought Shearwater. Probably should dust them off at some point."

But does it have animal blood in it? Oh right, were talking about something good and not a flaming lips album.

I'm intrigued by the lowercase letters there. If you'd just quoted me, my name and the first word of the quote would be capitalized. It's too early in the morning, however, for me to know what that means.

Have I told you guys how much I love these guys?

I recently got the Palo Santo reissue, Rook and the Golden Archipelago for $20 used. Hot damn that was a deal.

:up:

Great albums.

I actually don't own anything of theirs before Palo Santo. :huh:

Prob. should change that.

Back
Top Bottom