Shearwater - The Golden Archipelago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I really don't get the "we made iTunes the preferred version of the album" stuff. Why exactly did I pay more for the physical version again?

By the way, I don't collect vinyl, but that looks crazily awesome.

Someone hurry and listen to I'm So Glad and tell me if it's worth the purchase.

Glad to hear the bonus track is not just one of those castaways. I'll buy it.

Popmatters review wasn't super positive. How dare they not like something I like?!

I arrived to work an hour late because I refused to leave my place until Amazon delivered the album. Priorities.

u2popmofo said:
I arrived to work an hour late because I refused to leave my place until Amazon delivered the album. Priorities.

i approve :up:

morrissey told me work is a four letter word. note that music is not.

I feel no guilt downloading the iTunes only tracks when I purchase the album elsewhere, just sayin :wave:

Yeah, I probably shouldn't either, considering I've bought the freaking thing. Still, it's a weird hangup for me. I'm still trying to get over feeling slightly guilty for listening to things I don't own on Spotify!

I've listened to Animal Life a ton already, love that song. I really like the last song too, Star of the Age.

Ordered from Sub Pop on the 20th. Received shipping confirmation today.

Whuck?

So weird, Subpop used to be great at sending things out before they were officially released in stores, etc. I remember getting numerous albums the Monday before they released. It's been a while since I ordered anything directly from them though, sad to hear it's changed.

Well it arrived today as I noticed they took down any mention of the loser edition from the site. I must have gotten one of the last ones. That color is awesome.

phanan said:
I can't stop listening to this. What an album.

Srsly.

Hell, it's hard to stop listening to the title track on repeat, but the rest of the album is so good that I guess I can pry myself away from it.

I'm really digging this album. Really consistent, and the final 3 songs are beautiful.

I actually never listened to Shearwater before, but this came at a perfect time, since I was listening to Talk Talk a lot lately and this certainly reminds me of some of their work. The vocals are like a mix of Mark Hollis and Tim Bowness from No-Man.

They actually covered Talk Talk as a b-side to one of the singles on the previous album. Can't remember which track. Meiburg is a fan.

Fall tour with Dinosaur Jr.!

Tour Dates – Shearwater

Fall 2012 American Tour

** w/ Dinosaur Jr

Mon Oct 1, 2012
Mercy Lounge**
Nashville, TN

Tue Oct 2, 2012
Variety Playhouse**
Atlanta, GA

Wed Oct 3, 2012
Tipitina’s**